+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 104 of 530 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    To be fair to the players the data recorder doesn't pick up that a striker has been put out on the wing to contest the odd high ball. Said striker would be far better analysed by the coaching staff playing through the middle while feeding on crosses coming in from real wide players getting to the byeline.
    Aye the master tactician at his best

feeding on crosses coming in from real wide players getting to the byeline.
    Which we've been lacking since Hayes and McGinn left.

McGinn might be OK after the summer off, but Mackay-Steven is far too inconsistent, and is a bit of a fannydancer.

Rooney will always sniff a chance if he gets the service, but when it isn't there, he's ineffective, as he is wide left.

I suppose that Cosgrove gives us the hold-up option to bring midfield players into scoring positions, or acts as target man to see if strikers can benefit from knock-downs. May is a different type of striker too, more the Dingus type running at defenders, but he's been pretty ineffective ever since that ****ing pretendy-hun snake maimed him. Maybe a break and a pre-season will do him the world of good.

I actually think we were found out the day we were humped 5-1 at home by St Johnstone in 2015-16, and other teams learned from their efficient hammerthrowing that day. Press us up the pitch, shut off the width, put pressure on the non ball-playing defender to lump it up the park to a non-physical striker and opposition increased their chances of success against us. Church, Stockley and Cosgrove have found places in the squad in succession to give us an alternative option.

And that's fit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Dearie me, did oor Del turn down you and your chum’s advances for a photo/autograph?......just seems everything is his fault in both your eyes!.......FFS......at our club we have a management team......the data/performances will be analysed and a collective decision will be made on any player regarding performance/fitness/attitude......perhaps that does not fit into your mindset.

Rooney is a good player, however, 0 goals in his last 15 outings suggest you are right about our master tactician after all, I doff my cap accordingly.

Onwards and upwards

SF
    You have made a dick out yourself there

Anything to praise the guy min. Oir goals were down with Rooney as bit part. Bring on Stevie the Saviour May and Sam the smash and grab Cosgrove. Mays recotd for his price and contract length in our cplours is laughable

Come on the once michty and our current coach
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 13-06-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Which we've been lacking since Hayes and McGinn left.

McGinn might be OK after the summer off, but Mackay-Steven is far too inconsistent, and is a bit of a fannydancer.

Rooney will always sniff a chance if he gets the service, but when it isn't there, he's ineffective, as he is wide left.

I suppose that Cosgrove gives us the hold-up option to bring midfield players into scoring positions, or acts as target man to see if strikers can benefit from knock-downs. May is a different type of striker too, more the Dingus type running at defenders, but he's been pretty ineffective ever since that ****ing pretendy-hun snake maimed him. Maybe a break and a pre-season will do him the world of good.

I actually think we were found out the day we were humped 5-1 at home by St Johnstone in 2015-16, and other teams learned from their efficient hammerthrowing that day. Press us up the pitch, shut off the width, put pressure on the non ball-playing defender to lump it up the park to a non-physical striker and opposition increased their chances of success against us. Church, Stockley and Cosgrove have found places in the squad in succession to give us an alternative option.

And that's fit I think.
    You've nailed it and irrespective of signings once again we'll line up playing our safety first approach this season coming. Get the shackles off, let the team play.

You've nailed it and irrespective of signings once again we'll line up playing our safety first approach this season coming. Get the shackles off, let the team play.
    I hope we have the pigs or sevco first. Then we will see where the season is heading

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You have made a dick out yourself there

Anything to praise the guy min. Oir goals were down with Rooney as bit part. Bring on Stevie the Saviour May and Sam the smash and grab Cosgrove. Mays recotd for his price and contract length in our cplours is laughable

Come on the once michty and our current coach
    Chill pac......

My dick has nae been out since last night......I think?

Also no need to speak in Oirish regarding Rooney!

The once michty are doing ok under our current coach imho, what would I know.......anyway, you stick in and we can hook up at Gayfield......no pun intended and no asking Deek for photos/autographs......don’t want anymore tantrums.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I hope we have the pigs or sevco first. Then we will see where the season is heading
    We will get Livingston at home score 1 in the first 15 then game management will come in and the clappers will think it’s tremendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Chill pac......

My dick has nae been out since last night......I think?

Also no need to speak in Oirish regarding Rooney!

The once michty are doing ok under our current coach imho, what would I know.......anyway, you stick in and we can hook up at Gayfield......no pun intended and no asking Deek for photos/autographs......don’t want anymore tantrums.

SF
    Will have to be cove as i get back the friday before

If the team is set up for Rooney to score goals he will get 20 plus,I disagree that teams have sussed out how to stop us if we play like that.Kilmarnock played like that last season and other teams never managed to stop fat Kris Boyd from scoring 20 odd goals.

I agree that if we get rid of a striker it’s likely to be Rooney,Cosgrove just signed in January and May has 3 years left in his 4 year deal so neither of them are going in the summer.

Personally I think it would be a massive gamble letting Rooney leave,Cosgrove is likely to be sent off more times than he will score and May has to do a hell of a lot better than he did last season.I thought he would be a good player for us but he is a shadow of the player he was at St Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If the team is set up for Rooney to score goals he will get 20 plus,I disagree that teams have sussed out how to stop us if we play like that.Kilmarnock played like that last season and other teams never managed to stop fat Kris Boyd from scoring 20 odd goals.

I agree that if we get rid of a striker it’s likely to be Rooney,Cosgrove just signed in January and May has 3 years left in his 4 year deal so neither of them are going in the summer.

Personally I think it would be a massive gamble letting Rooney leave,Cosgrove is likely to be sent off more times than he will score and May has to do a hell of a lot better than he did last season.I thought he would be a good player for us but he is a shadow of the player he was at St Johnstone.
    It would be one of the most moronic things in our 115 year history

Page 104 of 530 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast