+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 442 of 530 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

So a Sun "journalist" (sic) writes an absolute heapa p!sh about a renaissance of casuals aged 50+ and we treat it with the contempt it deserves, but a different Sun "journalist" (sic) writes a story about us signing a player and we discuss it as credible info?

How does that work?

If Hibs are interested they’d be favourites as I think Lennon was his manager at Bolton when he got his big £3m move from Bolton to Notts Forest.
    It’s natural he’d want to work under someone he knows & trusts as opposed to a stranger, if he has the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    So a Sun "journalist" (sic) writes an absolute heapa p!sh about a renaissance of casuals aged 50+ and we treat it with the contempt it deserves, but a different Sun "journalist" (sic) writes a story about us signing a player and we discuss it as credible info?

How does that work?
    The source of the story is Alan Nixon, who if you follow him on Twitter, has a decent track record.

How does that work?
    Don't think anyone has taken it as gospel however like all "links" fans on forums will discuss and talk about them.

How does that work?
    It's always the same on here.

Assuming all or most are fit, I think we’re fine at the back. Well covered for defensive midfielders too.

Scott Allan and Ryan Christie into midfield with a Moult or Boyce type up front would improve our team beyond recognition. Not saying we’ll get them but that’s what we need.

It’s criminal to see good Scottish talent wasting away at the Tims - this Lewis Morgan boy looks like he’s next. These lads need to get the f’uck out of there. Just makes McGinns decision look all the more sensible.

Agree re the general consensus on Hayes. We got the best of him and the leg break will have taken its toll. We’ve enough injury affected players in the squad already so steer clear.

We need to get on with it though as the seasons well underway now and we’ve still got to get through the period where we’ll doubtless be told that any new signings also need weeks to settle in - so it’ll be at least November before we can critically analyse anything 😉

Of course, getting your business done early and slotting a bunch of new players straight into the team doesn’t seem to have stopped the diets starting like a house on fire though - but I guess that’s just a complete fluke and anomaly ....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Of course, getting your business done early and slotting a bunch of new players straight into the team doesn’t seem to have stopped the diets starting like a house on fire though - but I guess that’s just a complete fluke and anomaly ....
    This is their first 4th attempt at changing their team.
    Early doors, they had a good win away at Hamilton and always seem strong on their tight pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Assuming all or most are fit, I think we’re fine at the back. Well covered for defensive midfielders too.

Scott Allan and Ryan Christie into midfield with a Moult or Boyce type up front would improve our team beyond recognition. Not saying we’ll get them but that’s what we need.

It’s criminal to see good Scottish talent wasting away at the Tims - this Lewis Morgan boy looks like he’s next. These lads need to get the f’uck out of there. Just makes McGinns decision look all the more sensible.

Agree re the general consensus on Hayes. We got the best of him and the leg break will have taken its toll. We’ve enough injury affected players in the squad already so steer clear.

We need to get on with it though as the seasons well underway now and we’ve still got to get through the period where we’ll doubtless be told that any new signings also need weeks to settle in - so it’ll be at least November before we can critically analyse anything ��

Folk want to have Stewart back despite him being a fat bastard. The excuse for him being pish was his lack of pre season. So anyone we get in now will have an even worse start if we are going by that logic...which I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Folk want to have Stewart back despite him being a fat bastard. The excuse for him being pish was his lack of pre season. So anyone we get in now will have an even worse start if we are going by that logic...which I don't.
    I think Stewart would be a useful addition as a squad player, given our depth, but the problem is his not got the place to play wide, so really can only play in the hole.
    We seem covered in there

I see the boy Marquis scored again for Doncaster Rovers.
    That's two in two to put Doncaster 2nd top.
    Might have been good had we gotten him.
    I take it the deal is dead and no chance of testing them with a higher bid.

Page 442 of 530 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast