+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 327 of 530 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    We apparently had a 300k bid accepted by preston for ex-hibs striker eoin doyle but coildnt agree personal terms,not exactly an exciting signing if happened dont remember him being prolific when at hibs
    Big unit and Irish. Ticks the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    We apparently had a 300k bid accepted by preston for ex-hibs striker eoin doyle but coildnt agree personal terms,not exactly an exciting signing if happened dont remember him being prolific when at hibs
    He's 30, red haired, fairly slow & Irish - sound familiar?

Only problem is he's nowhere near as prolific as Adam Rooney was.

Wasn't great at Hibs either.

Uninspiring if true, and a down grade on Rooney, despite costing roughly the same as we got for him.

Also perhaps shows how far down our list we are getting - pretty depressing really.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

Also perhaps shows how far down our list we are getting - pretty depressing really.
    first thing I thought

Then I thought , if this is working two windows ahead, dearie me

He's 30, red haired, fairly slow & Irish - sound familiar?

Only problem is he's nowhere near as prolific as Adam Rooney was.

Wasn't great at Hibs either.

Uninspiring if true, and a down grade on Rooney, despite costing roughly the same as we got for him.

I don`t believe that. 300k ? No chance. What`s the source ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    first thing I thought

Then I thought , if this is working two windows ahead, dearie me
    The "two windows ahead" has been shown up as total bullsh1t.
    Last year was clearly scattergun with last minute loans & signings - probably because the manager didn't think he'd be here.
    This year, it's panic targets as obviously the first, second and however many targets have knocked us back.
    It'll be 3 or 4 panic loans that are way down the list by the looks of it.

Would like to think journo has got his facts wrong and confused Eoin ‘Pish’ Doyle for Moult. Would be flabbergasted if we’d offered money or indeed expressed any form of interest in Doyle with him being rank rotten.

Keep thinking there’ll be good news on the signing front each morning. Starting the day with reports like this makes one think it is going to be one long sheite day. The idea of a season looking for goals from Cosgrove, May and flucking Doyle is a most depressing one.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 24-07-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Would like to think journo has got his facts wrong and confused Eoin ‘Pish’ Doyle for Moult. Would be flabbergasted if we’d offered money or indeed expressed any form of interest in Doyle with him being rank rotten.

Keep thinking there’ll be good news on the signing front each morning. Starting the day with reports like this makes one think it is going to be one long sheite day. The idea of a season looking for goals from Cosgrove, May and flucking Doyle is a most depressing one.
    Kind of agree.
    That's the trouble with looking in England - still having to pay over the odds for mediocrity.
    £300k for a 30 year old with a less than impressive scoring record when he was up here.
    11 goals in 49 league games for Hibs - nearly 1 in 5 FFS.
    Thankfully it doesn't look like it'll happen, but if that's the standard we're looking at, then not good.

The "two windows ahead" has been shown up as total bullsh1t.
    Last year was clearly scattergun with last minute loans & signings - probably because the manager didn't think he'd be here.
    This year, it's panic targets as obviously the first, second and however many targets have knocked us back.
    It'll be 3 or 4 panic loans that are way down the list by the looks of it.
    I hardly think it's been proven as bull.

I'm confident McInnes and the club do work transfer windows in advance they will know what players are coming out of contract and what players interest them. They'll identify these players and monitor their situation.

Sadly as proven by Salford City we can't compete financially with most English league (and non league now) clubs and players take the money in a lower English league than lesser terms/money on offer at Aberdeen.

It's not a case of not identifying players it's a case of persuading them that Aberdeen is the correct career move and earn money in their next move.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I hardly think it's been proven as bull.

I'm confident McInnes and the club do work transfer windows in advance they will know what players are coming out of contract and what players interest them. They'll identify these players and monitor their situation.

Sadly as proven by Salford City we can't compete financially with most English league (and non league now) clubs and players take the money in a lower English league than lesser terms/money on offer at Aberdeen.

It's not a case of not identifying players it's a case of persuading them that Aberdeen is the correct career move and earn money in their next move.
    Who the f**k knows.

The question I'd be asking is, WTF are our scouts doing?!
    Hibs source Florian Kamberi for £150k.
    We trawl the English lower leagues and apparently offer double that for a journeyman who's 30 with a pish scoring record.
    Mind boggling.
    F**k knows who we'll end up signing.

If the lower leagues in England are, as most appear to agree, over priced. Why do we keep shopping there? Surely you are only likely to be able to afford the damaged goods or goods past their sell-by?

I would have greater confidence if just occasionally there was a rumour about Eastern Europe, Asia , The Americas? Sure we are not going to appeal to Singaporeans buying Manure and Barca shirts but surely we could market the proximity "stepping stone" angle?

Page 327 of 530 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast