+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 466 of 530 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He signed the new contract so we would get money*

*Did he fuck.
    How's do you know this? Were you involved in the contract extension negotiations?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If he had a release clause in his contract he must have got it put in when he signed his new one in January of that year.

Pretty pointless us getting him to sign a new deal so he could move to Celtic if that was the case.
    We were unlucky. His agent put in a standard clause to protect him in case something really too lucrative to turn down came up. We were in no position to argue with a player who held all the aces because he was willing to sign for us for substantially less than his market worth because he liked it here. I would guess Hayes thought the chance of the clause being invoked by a club he wanted to go to was minimal. He obviously wasn't keen to go to the Championship or League One for more a bit more money or he wouldn't have signed the contract here. He totally expected to see out his contract here.

But Rogers, somewhat surprisingly, fancied him as a cheap pool player. An Irish Catholic was never going to be able to turn down a huge pay hike and a chance to play in the Champion's League and pick up winner's medals at the club he supported as a kid.

What played out was an unlikely scenario but AFC did pretty well out of it, getting a fee for a player who could have let his contract run down and gone for free. It wasn't all bad news by any means.

To be honest no one really knows if he had a release clause in his contract.

Hayes wanted to leave because he simply didn’t want to be here anymore and Aberdeen weren’t too hard to deal with.For some reason he gets praised by some fans for signing a deal to get us a fee but he was already under contract anyway so we would still have got a fee for him.

McKenna is obviously slightly different because he signed a 5 year deal but the original point was if/when he decides he wants to leave are we going to be easy to deal with or are we going to get the best deal for the club.

I know most other clubs would be getting as much money for him as they possibly could.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Michael Hector kicking about Chelski's training grun with nae place to go.
    Loaner to make sure we dinna need to rush Scotty back?
    Good shout

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    How's do you know this? Were you involved in the contract extension negotiations?
    Did I have to be there?

Did I have to be there?
    On what basis do you make the earlier claim of "did he ***c"

On what basis do you make the earlier claim of "did he ***c"
    The basis that I know.

The basis that I know.
    And no explanation of how?

And no explanation of how?
    I don't need to explain. If you don't want to believe me then I'm ok with that.

Mark Reynolds wants Christie back at the club. Said so on the BBC just now

Just sayin'.......

Page 466 of 530 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516 ... LastLast