+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 150 of 530 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Milne can f**k off.
    And he better take McInnes with him ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I want a bit of effort and research put into finding players.
    How do you know how much effort and research has been and is being put into finding players by AFC ?

And how does that compare with other Scottish Premiership clubs ?

And how do you know what funds are available to the clubs ?

(Hint.......the answer is “I don’t have a fvkking clue , but I won’t let that stop me spouting off my usual pish”)

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A lot of folk paid up front
    The ones that haven't have pledged the cash monthly.
    Transfer fees aren't paid up front in one chunk
    Your just making excuses for the club now.
    No surprise though. Plus the usual negative defence "he's better than Maynard".

Far too many Aberdeen supporters have thrown the towel in when it comes to ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Far too many Aberdeen supporters have thrown the towel in when it comes to ambition.
    We definitely do have more competiton now . The Huns have been scooping up players we would normally have had a choice of signing ? ( Jamie Murphy , Arfield. )

Lennon at Hibs seems to dive in quicker than cautious Deek for emerging Scots talent . ( McGinn, McGeoch ?? where did he come from ? )

And of course Celtic have been able to take speculative punts of a the odd million quid here nad there. Christie, Hayes, Morgan.

5 years ago both the Tic nad the huns would have been splurging it large on unpronouceable johhny foreigners for a tilt at their Champions league ambitions. And Hibs were just floundering about bit .

Then as mentioned before the lower league teams in England seem to be able to blow us out the water on cash. rotherham anyone ??

Add in that we also now have Alex Neill at PNE and Jack Ross at Sunderland scooping up Scottish talent . ( err, McGuire ,....!! )

It`s thin pickings these days. Aye we should go to Croatia and Nigeria and snap up World Class players for peanuts,....oh hang on. They`re all all in the EPL too.

Even the Irish market players tend to go to Peterborough these days.

Maybe we should invest the DNA money in a special Knee & cruciate Ligament Ward at ARI and just do what we are currently doing. Buying up the Crocks that nobody else will take a risk on.

Next up ? What about that Irish Lad who was at Ross County and went to Burton. Then quickly did his Knee in ?? That`s our form today.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Opinions are fine, everyone's entitles to them.
    No problems with opinions that he is not good enough, but naturally ask, who is?
    No-one has offered yet who we should be signing.
    If people just reel off other names it gets a bit silly though. For instance, I travel around watching football a fair bit. I was in Estonia earlier this year and there's a centre-back, 22 years old, who plays for Flora, called Madis Vihmann, he's a giant, he played well, looked a bit like McKenna in many ways winning everything in the air. Estonian football is terrible but he looked good enough to me. No idea if he's available but taking players from Estonia is probably within our financial bracket.

But nobody else has ever heard of this guy so what's the point in bringing it up. And I'm not a scout so I'm probably completely wrong anyway.

So, that was 5 pages of absolute p15h that I just waded through. Usual suspects moaning and running the club down because the Sun runs a story.

For what it's worth Shalke for me would be a decent squad/bench player. He's caused us problems in numerous games.

As for Rooney not going anywhere I think you need to read what McInnes says again and look at it more closely. He says as long as Rooney is also happy to work with him or something along those lines. So potentially Rooney is unhappy and would welcome a move?

From what I can gauge he's now 3rd choice striker behind May and Cosgrove. I don't think May and Rooney work as a pairing even if we went two up front, Cosgrove and Rooney may work.

Hopefully some positive signings coming up.

In Deek I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

If he’s better than Maynard, he’ll be an improvement on the squad... how is that a negative thing to say?

It’s not a question of ambition - every Aberdeen fan wants to see us singing top class, international superstars so we can win the treble and maybe even take the aeuropa league too.... it’s a question of being realistic. Whether we like it or not, the very best calibration of singing we’re going to get are guys like May, Stewart, Christie, GMS etc who have talent but have suffered injuries or have struggled to get regular football elsewhere and are looking for a fresh start. These types of players are in demand - we can’t compete with Championship sides (and some league 1 sides) on wages and if they’re coming to Scotland both Hibs and Hearts are probably just as good options for them as we are (looking at it objectively).

The fact that some people think Jonny Hayes would be an underwhelming singing shows that we’re really dreaming about the kind of players we think we can bring in.

Trophyless seasons, qualifying for qualifying rounds, aiming for second, signing players as squad filler from relegated sides while enjoying the defensive qualities of Ashley Young on TV, may be realistic but it’s not why most people get in to football.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    If people just reel off other names it gets a bit silly though. For instance, I travel around watching football a fair bit. I was in Estonia earlier this year and there's a centre-back, 22 years old, who plays for Flora, called Madis Vihmann, he's a giant, he played well, looked a bit like McKenna in many ways winning everything in the air. Estonian football is terrible but he looked good enough to me. No idea if he's available but taking players from Estonia is probably within our financial bracket.

But nobody else has ever heard of this guy so what's the point in bringing it up. And I'm not a scout so I'm probably completely wrong anyway.
    If you have a passport you will be a better scout than Russ.
    Welcome aboard Aberdeen FC and good luck with your scouting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Trophyless seasons, qualifying for qualifying rounds, aiming for second, signing players as squad filler from relegated sides while enjoying the defensive qualities of Ashley Young on TV, may be realistic but it’s not why most people get in to football.
    North Korea is looking for a new tourist ambassador. I put his name forward.

Page 150 of 530 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast