+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I'd far rather have the plague than Wallace
    Well you’re halfway there living in Dumbarton

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Surely back to Hertz, a classic Levein signing
    You'd think so.
    Let them have Wallace and snap up the boy Demetri Mitchell from Man Utd

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Surely back to Hertz, a classic Levein signing
    Aye - Wallace wil surely end up at the diets - a match made in heaven as it’s a c’unt of a club and he’s a c’unt of a guy.

He is at least a proper lb though....

Fit's Alan Gow up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Aye - Wallace wil surely end up at the diets - a match made in heaven as it’s a c’unt of a club and he’s a c’unt of a guy.

He is at least a proper lb though....
    If he leaves Rangers and that is a big if, then I imagine he will end up at Hearts. He is a decent full back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Fit's Alan Gow up to these days?
    Still waiting on a phone call from us.

Nothing personal against Jason Naismith but let’s just admit he isn’t what we are necessarily needing during this transfer window.
    Ryan Harrington who plays in the youth team should be promoted when necessary to gain experience instead of wasting transfer funds (budget) on a very mediocre player. We moan that not enough youth gets the chance at times so I suggest we give the lad a bit 1st team experience when and if the right back position needs covered.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Nothing personal against Jason Naismith but let’s just admit he isn’t what we are necessarily needing during this transfer window.
    Ryan Harrington who plays in the youth team should be promoted when necessary to gain experience instead of wasting transfer funds (budget) on a very mediocre player. We moan that not enough youth gets the chance at times so I suggest we give the lad a bit 1st team experience when and if the right back position needs covered.
    I don't think Naismith is "very mediocre". Far from it. He is a very decent right back and one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal campaign for County. He is still relatively young and arguably more athletic than Shay. I think he is also capable of filling in at CH.

That said, I do agree with your point that cash would be better served invested elsewhere in the squad which has some gaping holes. I don't think signing Naismith would really strengthen our best 11 unless Shay's commute finally gets the better of him and he is heading back south.

I might be wrong here but wasn’t Tansey one of the few bright spots for ICT when they got relegated last year?

I think we are beginning to scrape the bottom of the barrel with Ross County and Inverness players,we have signed most of ICTs best players at one time or another and the well is dry.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I might be wrong here but wasn’t Tansey one of the few bright spots for ICT when they got relegated last year?

I think we are beginning to scrape the bottom of the barrel with Ross County and Inverness players,we have signed most of ICTs best players at one time or another and the well is dry.
    Agree with you Rico94. There is nothing that the highland teams could give us player wise that would make us stronger. What happened to the philosophy of only signing players that were better than what we had. In fairness it shouldn’t be that difficult to improve on Maynard!

Page 23 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast