+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 530 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Signing a contract extension will no doubt involve a signing on fee.

So where does it say he signed so we could cash in. He signed so we could cash in

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Where does it say he signed the extension so we'd get money for him?
    Jog on with your pedantic pish.
    Your just being facetious.

If you can't see that having a player with 2 years left on his contract is a better negotiating position than a player going into his last year, then that's your issue.

I thought he signed the contract so he could get a minimum fee release clause put into it.

We should have put the minimum fee in as £3 million.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I thought he signed the contract so he could get a minimum fee release clause put into it.

We should have put the minimum fee in as £3 million.
    Then he could have said no to the contract and lost him for free. He was worth more than 1.3. But that was his get out clause. Him and his agent screwed us and got him out of the club with that deal which funnily enough came right after Cardiff were told to do one. C@nt

We could have had him for another year and unhappy yhen lost him for free. So the 1.3 million came in handy. But he is a wee c@nt none the less and to hear he got clapped on the park in the first home hiding fae the pigs made my blood curdle
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 11-04-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Wouldn’t he have got a cut of the £1.3 as technically he didn’t ask for the transfer plus h would hwv got a signing on bonus from Celtic. Why would he care about helping us it’s not like he came through the youth system

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Jog on with your pedantic pish.
    Your just being facetious.
    I'm not sure that's what you mean but I guess you are annoyed you made up a "fact" again that was found to be pish. I could hear from here the frantic googling of you trying to find some sort of evidence that your "fact" was indeed a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    If you can't see that having a player with 2 years left on his contract is a better negotiating position than a player going into his last year, then that's your issue.
    Not sure what you mean by this either. What does any of that have to do with the urban myth that Jonny Hayes signed a better deal at Aberdeen which meant that in 6 months time he would generate more money for the club?

That’s what I was thinking as well,even if he didn’t sign the deal I’m sure we would have got at least £1 million for him with a year left on his old contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm not sure that's what you mean but I guess you are annoyed you made up a "fact" again that was found to be pish. I could hear from here the frantic googling of you trying to find some sort of evidence that your "fact" was indeed a fact.

Not sure what you mean by this either. What does any of that have to do with the urban myth that Jonny Hayes signed a better deal at Aberdeen which meant that in 6 months time he would generate more money for the club?
    Yeah, signing an extension to a contract does not add value to a players value.
    McKenna signing till 2023 does not put us in a stronger position should any offers come in.
    why did we extend from 2021 to 2023 only 5 months after he previously extended?
    Inversely, we don't lose value as players contracts run down.

If thats what you want to believe, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s what I was thinking as well,even if he didn’t sign the deal I’m sure we would have got at least £1 million for him with a year left on his old contract.
    So an extra £300,000 by your reckoning compared to not extending.

Page 5 of 530 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast