+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 372 of 530 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I think people are delusional if they think Swansea or any other club will pay £10 million for McKenna. The club was only attempting to send a message that they won't be easy to deal with...

If we get anything between £2.5-3 million with perhaps a cut of any future sale then we'll be doing well...This time last year the player was thinking of going out on loan again to the lower Scottish leagues...you don't go from that to £10 million in 12 months...
    Absolutely hope not. In today's market McKenna is worth 5 times what you quote. That's not with red tinted specs on either. He is a top prospect with a great season behind him. He's captained his country and has shown he is a great passer of the ball as well as a great defender.

While I'm not into calling the chairman school boy names I would be very annoyed if we capitulated at any offer under £8 million, especially from down south where Sky money is growing on trees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    In actual fact, yeah I think Milne will hold his nerve on this occasion.

Doesn't need to be this month. Could be Jan. Could be next summer.

The worry is, of course, that in the interim period, he fecks his knee and his career is over.

That's the gamble.

But I think the pant pishers can dry their c0cks on this occasion. Milne is a hard nosed businessman who didn't get where he is today by selling himself short. Him and DM will have a number in mind, first offer gets their man. £6m I think will be that number

I mean, think about it for a minute, and put all preconceptions and opinions of MIlne to one side for a wee minutey. Why would Milne, with his pencil behind his ear, sell such a marketable commodity like McKenna, for a pittance? Makes no sense at all. Counter productive. Financial mismanagement based on a qualification gained at Cornhill College
    Here’s hoping you’re right FTH.

A winning header from him on Thursday will help

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think McKenna will be gone after the scum game.
    I’d imagine DM will already be thinking of a replacement.
    My fear is Milne rolling over & accepting £3m or the likes.
    £3m “dwarfs” £2m in his Alford head.
    We have to be realistic.
    We’re not going to get £8-£10m.
    Players from Scottish clubs who don’t play for Celtic & in the Champions League just don’t. Fact.
    Realistically, £5m with add ons for promotion to the EPL, number of games, & a 20% sell on clause will be best we’ll get.
    At least £4m of that will go to Kingsford.
    Co-incidentally £4m is the shortfall in the training complex.

I agree with the strategy of selling on young players for huge fees every couple of years.
    As long as we negotiate hard like Rod Petrie does.
    We’ve never really done that IMO.
    I don’t understand why people think we can’t get £10M for him. Dutch, Portuguese teams etc. seem to get hefty enough fees from the Money League for young unproven players. McKenna is young, improving all the time, has captained club & country and is on a 5 year deal. Presumably we don’t want to sell him either so I’d say if an English club want him then £10M is the min fee, even then we should have a sell-on clause included.

Hibs are holding out for £4M for a guy with 1 year left on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    A winning header from him on Thursday will help
    It could be off his backside for all i care if it means a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    One to hide the paltry amount Milne accepts.

Two to hide how much Milne will transfer to the Krapshack fund
    Three to disguise how much funds we have, so not held to ransom on our transfer dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Three to disguise how much funds we have, so not held to ransom on our transfer dealings.
    Fancy a game of cards?

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Fancy a game of cards?
    We’ve not sold any other players so any transfer fee will eventually be known when the accounts are released next year.

We’ve not sold any other players so any transfer fee will eventually be known when the accounts are released next year.
    Adam Rooney

Well that didn’t take long

Page 372 of 530 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast