+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 282 of 530 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Yes as he was excellent from the split onwards. He played the defensive midfield role well and his passing was also very good.

Happily take Ball back.
    Agreed. He was more than decent after the split, one of our top performers I thought. He had a bit of a sticky start here, but plenty of players get off to a slow start at a new club.

Too much being read into the semi-final performance. Yes, he was poor but after little game time at the club he was stuck in an unfamiliar position in a huge pressure match when the team were missing key players, and other more experienced players had stinkers on the day.

I remember at least a couple of far worse performances at full back by Doug Rougvie when he virtually single-handedly cost us hidings against the PJMs, but he still went on to establish himself as a competent full back in a far better side than our current one. Nobody should be writing off a player based on one match, especially where there were mitigating factors.

Yes as he was excellent from the split onwards. He played the defensive midfield role well and his passing was also very good.

Happily take Ball back.
    The question that was asked was about centre half not centre midfield

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The question that was asked was about centre half not centre midfield
    I don't particularly care what the question was. As far as I'm concerned Ball is a decent addition to the squad, some people on here just like to get offended or poo poo everything.

My opinion is that Ball is a decent player as he proved with a run in the team where we arguably played our best football of the season. Realistically he's our sort of target market and he's proven in the SPL.

I don't particularly care what the question was. As far as I'm concerned Ball is a decent addition to the squad, some people on here just like to get offended or poo poo everything.

My opinion is that Ball is a decent player as he proved with a run in the team where we arguably played our best football of the season. Realistically he's our sort of target market and he's proven in the SPL.
    How’s he proven in the spfl cos he played well at end of season 3 of those games the other teams had nothing to play for

EE Paper this morning, Rooney on way to Salford City and Ball on route to Aberdeen :/

Fair point, our current coach has to replace those that left, he would have had a “wish list”, however, in reality our chairman would not have been too enamoured at the outlay.....after the semi, Ball did galvanise and helped earn us 2nd place along with other players in our team.....we finished best of the rest again.......like any dandy I would have been over the moon if the end result was 1st......sadly though, that cannot happen as things stand financially.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Fair point, our current coach has to replace those that left, he would have had a “wish list”, however, in reality our chairman would not have been too enamoured at the outlay.....after the semi, Ball did galvanise and helped earn us 2nd place along with other players in our team.....we finished best of the rest again.......like any dandy I would have been over the moon if the end result was 1st......sadly though, that cannot happen as things stand financially.

SF
    It all depends what you want I suppose,personally I think we need players in who when we come up against a team like Motherwell last season in the cup games where they were up for a physical battle will be able to deal with them.

Maybe Ferguson,Gleeson and Forrester will be but I don’t think Ball is, I guess we will find out if he signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Caat's View Post
    EE Paper this morning, Rooney on way to Salford City

Gleeson looking to be fit for Burnley games according to reports

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Caat's View Post
    EE Paper this morning, Rooney on way to Salford City and Ball on route to Aberdeen :/

I can't understand the Rooney move at all, if the club do want shot of him fair enough but going to that level makes no real sense to me, unless of course the wages are huge.

Were Hibs not looking at him a while back? I would have thought using him in a cash plus player deal to get a new player in would have made more sense.

Its another squad member away with no replacement

Page 282 of 530 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast