+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 294 of 530 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    How are you working out he is 100 times the player Tony O’Connor is?

I would say there is very little between them.
    Ball is a more than decent midfielder. O'Connor was an aberration in midfeld

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Central Midfield 3 you would not have McGinn, GMS or Wright in there.

That leaves Shinnie, Gleeson, Forrester, Ferguson, Ball, Ross and Campbell

Now I Like the young lads potential but feasibly only one of Ferguson, Ross and Campbell would play at a time if at all (Derek doesn't play them if he doesn't fully trust them)

SO that leaves Ball, Forrester, Gleeson, Shinnie

None of us know how Gleeson and Forrester will be. They could be ****e they could be great. What we do know is Ball is average. Blows hot and cold, albeit he finished the season ok (beside 2 good CM's in Shinnie and McLean) - Meanwhile Shinnie was established in the middle of the park and allowed McLean and Christie to play....

But yeah, lets stick him at Left Back and play untried signees, average Ball and young inexperienced lads who have shown mere flashes.

Plus Shinnie himself wants to play Centre Midfield. Players play better when they play where they want to play.
    A team like Aberdeen would not be prepared to pay upward of 200 k for a player like Ferguson if he was not going to be a regular in the first team who do you expect us to sign for the midfield ?you say you don't know how Gleeson and Forrester will be. Well why don't you wait and see them before your stupid sweeping judgements on recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    But they realised he was crap so punted him to us.
    Sorry mate you just continue to excell as a prize balloon

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Sorry mate you just continue to excell as a prize balloon
    I’ll take that as a compliment coming from someone that thinks don ball is a good player.

I’ll take that as a compliment coming from someone that thinks don ball is a good player.
    Ball is a very good bit if business again. Solid in that holding midfield role. 22 years of age.

Welcome back.

I wonder if we’ll get an announcement or two today...

If Rooney is going will he be allowed to stay and play 5 minutes of the West Brom friendly as a farewell perhaps?

If he and Tansey are away that’s got to free up £200k a year in wages or thereabouts you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I wonder if we’ll get an announcement or two today...

If Rooney is going will he be allowed to stay and play 5 minutes of the West Brom friendly as a farewell perhaps?

If he and Tansey are away that’s got to free up £200k a year in wages or thereabouts you would think.
    I don't think there is an issue with budget, i think the problem is that players that DM is after will no doubt be getting looked at by other teams. I'm sure there will be negotiations going on in the background for various players so i'm really not sure why every one is pyshing themselves like some kind of primary school.

Some of you seriously need to grow up. The immaturity shown by some on here is feckin sad and I can only assume the majority on here are ****agers after all grown ups surely wouldn't act like some do on here?

I know we are looking to add an experienced defender, however Don Ball last played for Darlo’s in the 80’s......too old, even for the SPFL!......I reckon Dom Ball will do okay for us as a holding midfielder and I do know we have been busy with agents/scouts and obviously players for some time.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Ball is a very good bit if business again. Solid in that holding midfield role. 22 years of age.

Welcome back.
    Former England U19 and U20s Megastar.

The fact that Ball is only 22 means I have to give him a chance to find his feet.

However I don't hold out much hope, even forgetting (and my god I try to forget) the performance in the semi final.

It was an earlier performance at Pittodrie in midfield that worries me most.

Game just passed him by, I could see his face, he looked completely lost, I thought at one point he was going to start greetin.

I couldn't believe it when he came out for the second half, I thought McInnes had lost it big time.

Folk say he was a bit better after the split.

Are we saying he was good or are we saying that he was so bad before the split that anything would have been an improvement?

Perhaps, to be kind, we just found the position he could actually play in.

Worrying though that he seems a last ditch panic re-signing.
    It didn't look like we would want him at the end of last season, nobody else obviously wanted him, so he's back.

Apart from the disgrace of borrowing a player that BLOODY ROTHERHAM don't want.

Don't bother with Westhill wiggy, just play at Hazlehead.

Page 294 of 530 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast