+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 413 of 530 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You will not know what happens with your DNA money because they will give out as little information as possible. Do you imagine the club signing a player and saying we could only bring in this player because of the fantastic funds generated by the DNA contributions?...absolutely no way. If the contributions are mentioned it will be a half @rsed attempt to tell us all about running costs and how the cash is keeping us more efficient doing certain things. The money is going into helping Milne with his more pressing issues of producing a training facility and stadium. Get back to me after the transfer window if you don’t believe me.
    Absolute clap trap again. Maybe if you supported AFC that much, you might actually turn up for some games and contribute rather than just sniping.
    I’ll say this again and again. DNA was not a con (nobody backs a one season wonder in year two), but has been mis-managed by our penny-pinching board.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    There was no interest from the championship last Summer when we bid for him. Preston only came in for him after what was a very good six months playing for Motherwell including playing a huge part in knocking us out of the League Cup. It was penny pinching and it did cost us.
    I think they got offers from other teams apart from us and knocked them back and then cashed in when he refused to sign a new contract and Sold him with six months to go. I also think he was fairly confident he would get a move to England even at the time we were in for him originally

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Unfortunately, we have two multi millionaires on the board who seem unwilling to put their own money in
    Club reliant on TV money, season ticket money and other commercial handouts etc to fund the club and player recruitment
    I see a scenario developing. We have half a decent playing squad but its not strong or has the depth to cope with injuries
    Lack of funding and inability or desire to help the manger recruit a decent squad
    1. Lucky if we finish in the top six
    2. Less prize money in the pot based on league finishing position
    3. Unless we amazingly win a trophy for by sheer luck get in by a back door route we wont quality for Europe , more revenue lost
    4. Home gate money / income decreases and fans walkaway totally dissatisfied with the boards lack of ambition
    5. DM and his background staff jump ship

All this is totally possible if Milne and co don't provide the funding required
    I don't what to see this happen never would, but Milne and co have to wake up this season has started and it could be for us all over in a couple of weeks...... just because we didn't make a couple of decent signings or go just that little bit further when required

STAND FREE
    Two millionaire chairman can't just bankroll a club that then won't sustain itself once they're gone.

Look at the economics of the club and the income/outgoings.

They leave/die/retire/walk away where does that leave the club?

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Two millionaire chairman can't just bankroll a club that then won't sustain itself once they're gone.

Look at the economics of the club and the income/outgoings.

They leave/die/retire/walk away where does that leave the club?
    I don't have a problem with what you are saying (Romanov is the perfect example of what one persons spending can do to a club once it dries up)

BUT

there is absolute culpability by the Board/Manager in not even spending the same as last years budget never mind not spending a penny of the £600K of new money three games into the new season. That is simply incompetence

There was no interest from the championship last Summer when we bid for him. Preston only came in for him after what was a very good six months playing for Motherwell including playing a huge part in knocking us out of the League Cup. It was penny pinching and it did cost us.
    ^^^ exactly,im pretty sure moult would have signed for us at the time,we would have offered him more cash than what he was getting at murderwell,problem was we were'nt prepared to go that extra 100K and when it came to crunch later on then off course preston would offer more money than we could,we missed a trick with him because of penny pinching

Yeah, my job is done then,” he said. “Terminado. Gone. That’s the challenge. You have to test yourself to the limit. You have to be courageous as a club.

BR quote. Courage something milne has none of only to accumulate his wealth by bulldozing pittodrie! F uck him.

How any fan can defend the bawldy c•unt is beyond me

Milne has been by a considerable distance the worst chairman in AFC history. DNA appears to be nothing more than a pseudo Ponzi scheme. Grand ideas were floated at the time but the reality is contributors have seen no tangible return on their investment. Milne is the constant in everything that is wrong with AFC at this time.

Have I missed something and the Scottish window closed? Yes we still need a forward, a centre half, and a left back BUT their is still 3 weeks left to get the business done. Come Aug 31st I'll be mighty pissed off too if we haven't got the players in, until then let's show a little patience and let people do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingtalk View Post
    Milne has been by a considerable distance the worst chairman in AFC history. DNA appears to be nothing more than a pseudo Ponzi scheme. Grand ideas were floated at the time but the reality is contributors have seen no tangible return on their investment. Milne is the constant in everything that is wrong with AFC at this time.
    Moving the club from Pittodrie & c*nts STILL think it’s a good idea.

Absolute weapons the lot of them. No exceptions

I don't have a problem with what you are saying (Romanov is the perfect example of what one persons spending can do to a club once it dries up)

BUT

there is absolute culpability by the Board/Manager in not even spending the same as last years budget never mind not spending a penny of the £600K of new money three games into the new season. That is simply incompetence
    Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    ^^^ exactly,im pretty sure moult would have signed for us at the time,we would have offered him more cash than what he was getting at murderwell,problem was we were'nt prepared to go that extra 100K and when it came to crunch later on then off course preston would offer more money than we could,we missed a trick with him because of penny pinching
    No he wouldn't. There were other teams in for him at that time .Motherwell refused to sell . When he wouldn't sign a new contract they were forced to sell him with six months left. He was always going to end up in England

Page 413 of 530 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast