+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 439 of 530 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    ^^God no! He was sh@te at the jutes in the championship last season ffs
    Messi would be ****e at the Jutes.

Thats what i was getting at,could we not push the boat out for 750k or is that a ridiculous suggestion,the boy obviously knows where the net is,speculate to accumulate...

Thats what i was getting at,could we not push the boat out for 750k or is that a ridiculous suggestion,the boy obviously knows where the net is,speculate to accumulate...
    Not an earthy we’d spend £750k on a player.

^^God no! He was sh@te at the jutes in the championship last season ffs
    Not that I would want us to sign Scott McDonald but he scored 16 goals in 40 games for Dundee Utd last season,I’m not saying he was great but that’s not shyte either.

I reckon that's the kinda figure everyone was expecting us to spend on a striker after the success of the DNA uptake. Now its went from that to 250k right down to holding out for a freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Not an earthy we’d spend £750k on a player.
    Yeah i know we wouldn't but for me he'd be a great signing and worth £750K,not going to bleat on about DNA money or milne's/cormack's wealth but surely there's cash to spend,if we have to take in another defender as cover then thats going to impact on what we can afford for a striker i guess

Could the issue not be that we don't know how much we have to pay for Ferguson? Some insiders are saying it could be as much as 700k. A bit more than the 100k Aberdeen budgeted for.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    Could the issue not be that we don't know how much we have to pay for Ferguson? Some insiders are saying it could be as much as 700k. A bit more than the 100k Aberdeen budgeted for.
    It can’t possibly be £700k.
    There are rules in place.
    Depends on the contract Hamilton offered him, the length of the contract, the length of time he played there (training compensation) etc. .
    Nothing to do with potential or how he’s played since coming.
    It’ll be around £200k.
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 11-08-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Yeah i know we wouldn't but for me he'd be a great signing and worth £750K,not going to bleat on about DNA money or milne's/cormack's wealth but surely there's cash to spend,if we have to take in another defender as cover then thats going to impact on what we can afford for a striker i guess
    I do think that the club (& Milne in particular) has to be seen to be spending money he perhaps ordinarily wouldn’t, and even be as obvious and blatant & publicly state that “player X” has been funded by the AberDNA money.
    Otherwise the folk that have participated this year might not next year if the perception is that the DNA cash has been held back & not spent.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I do think that the club (& Milne in particular) has to be seen to be spending money he perhaps ordinarily wouldn’t, and even be as obvious and blatant & publicly state that “player X” has been funded by the AberDNA money.
    Otherwise the folk that have participated this year might not next year if the perception is that the DNA cash has been held back & not spent.
    I wait with baited breath then although i know it isn't going to happen,as i said speculate to accumulate,grow some balls and spend some cash ffs

Page 439 of 530 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489 ... LastLast