+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 215 of 530 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Not being negative but realistic (a happy clapper’s favourite word).
    When I first followed the Dons we were a fantastic team who we were proud of as fans and feared no one.
    Nowadays we have little ambition, sh!t ourselves in pressure matches and have a conman as the head hauncho running the club.
    Let’s see what really happens with the DNA money that supposedly will be used on top of our increased transfer budget and then I will get back with an apology for doubting our club chairman and his intentions.
    In the meantime I have the right as anyone else to give an opinion (whether liked or not) on anything that happens during this window.
    I admit I am not feeling positive about our recruitment currently but would love to be proved wrong during the season.
    I am admittedly critical of players we are dealing with this summer but unfortunately if we are going to have absolute dross that hardly got any minutes for Hearts and in the last six months did the square root of f@ck all then my criticism is warranted.
    I have no confidence in Milne either but just moaning about him and how AFC are run achieves zilch. You complain about our lack of ambition and our mentality in matches but that will most likely only improve with better players and more money to spend. We can either rely on Milne to spend spend spend (not happening) or do what we can - a similar scheme has helped the diets in recent times. Not everyone can or will chose to contribute but I'm struggling to see the downside and the vitriol against the scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My understanding is the DNA money would be added to the “football budget”.
    I thought it would replace it. Think I’m winning so far

I am surprised to hear folk have had four calls. I have only had one and know season ticket holders that have had none

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I have no confidence in Milne either but just moaning about him and how AFC are run achieves zilch. You complain about our lack of ambition and our mentality in matches but that will most likely only improve with better players and more money to spend. We can either rely on Milne to spend spend spend (not happening) or do what we can - a similar scheme has helped the diets in recent times. Not everyone can or will chose to contribute but I'm struggling to see the downside and the vitriol against the scheme.
    You don’t see that at the moment you are getting conned? 😱

You don’t see that at the moment you are getting conned? ��
    Enlighten us. Where is the con?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I thought it would replace it. Think I’m winning so far
    I would disagree.
    We’ve spent on Forrester (£200k), Ferguson (circa £100k pending tribunal) and have made a significant transfer offer for John Marquis.
    This is already more than our recent years on average.
    You may point to GMS, Arnason and May from last year, but that was post Hayes transfer and this year is still a higher outgoing in nett terms.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Enlighten us. Where is the con?
    A lot further upfront than the DNA money

A lot further upfront than the DNA money
    Sorry, your reply does not make sense.
    Where is the con (in your opinion)?

You don’t see that at the moment you are getting conned? 😱
    I am giving money to my club with no expectation of any return so in what way am I getting conned??
    I and others are contributing for the benefit of the "football budget". I presume your argument is that if fans didn't contribute then Milne would need to dip into his pockets and so it saves him the bother.
    What if he doesn't?
    Isn't it better that the club isn't totally dependent on someone who isn't guaranteed to spend his millions on the club. Like it or not clubs need money to put them on a stronger financial footing and DNA is an additional funding stream that can benefit the club long after Milne has gone.
    At worst DNA will only replace any money from one person but could possibly persuade others to invest additional funds.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would disagree.
    Fancy that

Page 215 of 530 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast