+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 252 of 530 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Caat's View Post
    He had a peach of a diving header hit the wrong side of the post against the cheeks at todders. Just think given a bit more time like Mckenna he would have done something, along with a couple of others
    Possibly,
    All ifs and buts though.
    What we don't know is whether he settled up here or not and going back to the central belt may have been his preference

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEoin View Post
    Soldifying the defence at right back as well as a great shotstopper, hard to say they are not the two of the best signings.
    They possibly are but the discussion was they are the only good signings McInnes has made in the last 4 years.

If that was true then he has done really well finishing 2nd 4 years in a row if the rest of his signings have been shyte.

Personally I would say he has made a few good signings on top of Lewis and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You don't disagree with any off it then

Sounds like you don't rate any of our players.
    What's your opinion?
    I know you aren't wired right but you excel at times.

I asked who was our last good signing and you avoided answering it by writing nonsense.

So from that I'll take that you agree Lewis was his last good signing.

To answer your questions; I rated McLean, I think Logan, Rooney and Shinnie have been great players, Lewis being the pick of them all.

GMS is far too incosistent especially when we rely on him and May was absolutely rotten last season. Devlin, Gleeson and Forrester haven't played for us but I have high hopes for Ferguson.

We can't forget about all the truely pish signings, can we? Too many to comment on.

Ferguson seems like being a good signing and will be more involved than I had anticipated. If we get him for under £200k it looks a good signing

McInnes always has 1 or 2 absolute signing stinkers, which worries me when we've only taken in 3 so far! I'm talking about the absolute bilge here, theres some that were poor but at least contributed.

17/18 - Chidi Nwakali and Nicky Maynard
    16/17 - Callum Morris
    15/16 - Josh Parker - One of the worst players I've ever witnessed at any level.
    14/15 - Jeffrey Monakana

Quote Originally Posted by Baggios_Ponytail View Post
    McInnes always has 1 or 2 absolute signing stinkers, which worries me when we've only taken in 3 so far! I'm talking about the absolute bilge here, theres some that were poor but at least contributed.

17/18 - Chidi Nwakali and Nicky Maynard
    16/17 - Callum Morris
    15/16 - Josh Parker - One of the worst players I've ever witnessed at any level.
    14/15 - Jeffrey Monakana
    Who can a poor player actually contribute anything

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Who can a poor player actually contribute anything
    Someone like Anthony O Connor for example? Poor player, slow, turns like a oil tanker, yet he was part of the squad, played a part as cover, and actually had 1 or 2 games where he played well.

The ones I mentioned did absolutely nothing of any note. That's where there is a difference.

If someone on here can tell me a manager in the entire history of football that hasn’t made any poor signings I would be very surprised.

McInnes can be hit with a number of sticks but signings wouldn’t be one of them.

Just over two weeks to our first competitive game and we seem to be regressing at an alarming rate.

New signings who are injury prone getting minor knocks.

Older injury prone players getting knocks.

Warm up games cut short or cancelled in case people get knocks.

Rumours of players leaving more realistic than new players coming in.

It appears we as a support should just be happy to accept any level of mismanagement that comes our way.

The highlight of our Summer activity so far media wise would seem to be some eejit getting terrible tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If someone on here can tell me a manager in the entire history of football that hasn’t made any poor signings I would be very surprised.

McInnes can be hit with a number of sticks but signings wouldn’t be one of them.
    Never said there was, however having more signings does allow for the margin of error he's produced each season.

For sake of argument, i'd say he's been better in the loan market than with permanent acquisitions for the club, where he's actually been mediocre overall.

Page 252 of 530 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast