+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 384 of 530 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    No wasn't him.

Since you all want a laugh. I was told (by nobody who I would imagine is "in the know" as loads try to claim) that we had made enquiries and spoken too.......Gary Hooper!!!

I did laugh this off as he'll be on crazy money at Sheffield. Although my curiosity got the better of me and I noticed he wasn't in the squad today. Unless he was injured.

I was surprised he is only 30! Seems to have been around for years.

I'm putting in a disclaimer that I was told this Tom Kite and I'm in no way claiming any involvement other than further spreading the rumour!!
    Hooper scored double figures in the league last season so this could be a good move if there's anything in it as he still seems to have something to offer, unlike Agbonlahor who just seems like a washout now.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Hooper scored double figures in the league last season so this could be a good move if there's anything in it as he still seems to have something to offer, unlike Agbonlahor who just seems like a washout now.
    Can't imagine we could even come close to what he wants wage wise. Total non starter, pluck a name rumour is my take.

I'll take an educated guess that the new striker will take right up until mid-late August to get

If we get one at all Stavros

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I don’t like missing an opportunity to sink the boot into McInnes but I agree he’s not to blame here.

It’s only his fault if he buys someone shyte. If he can’t buy anyone at all, it’s Milnes
    There is a third possibility:

It could be that the money's available for transfers and wages, but players won't accept our wage structure.

Presumably we will have a few top paid players such as Shinnie and Lewis.
    We could have made a bid for a striker of similar quality, the other team may accept the transfer fee, but the player won't move unless we pay him double what Shinnie and Lewis are on.
    Even if we could afford to meet those wage demands, you can't do it because it will p!ss off the other top players in the team.

Not really much you can do about that. Sometimes a player might take less if there's a particular opportunity like a good chance of winning a trophy, or getting european experience. This season there's more competition in the league, and a while back it looked likely we'd be out of Europe after the first tie. How else can you sell the club to a player?

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    There is a third possibility:

It could be that the money's available for transfers and wages, but players won't accept our wage structure.

Presumably we will have a few top paid players such as Shinnie and Lewis.
    We could have made a bid for a striker of similar quality, the other team may accept the transfer fee, but the player won't move unless we pay him double what Shinnie and Lewis are on.
    Even if we could afford to meet those wage demands, you can't do it because it will p!ss off the other top players in the team.

Not really much you can do about that. Sometimes a player might take less if there's a particular opportunity like a good chance of winning a trophy, or getting european experience. This season there's more competition in the league, and a while back it looked likely we'd be out of Europe after the first tie. How else can you sell the club to a player?
    You make a good point about the wages. The club will have a maximum wage that they would be willing to pay for a certain type of player and obviously so far we are struggling to entice a new striker to the club. Players nowadays even when signing for Aberdeen know that there is a slim chance of winning anything so the wages must be correct for them to take the chance.
    It’s not unique for us to know we cannot attract players who demand huge wages so excuses about not having big enough transfer funds and not breaking a wage structure doesn’t go down well with me when we play our first league match with 2 strikers down on the season before. One of them being useless but the other being sold before we had a replacement through the door is suicide. No wonder we cannot attract better players when we have an ill prepared management and unambitious one at that.
    If we struggle today in the last third it will be because of our lack of genuine fire power and ill preparation. We would have ultimately been let down by the club.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 05-08-2018 at 07:23 AM.

I expect us to have a new signing this week as Dodgy Del likes to sign defensive players and this will be his priority. It’s a comfort for him as his mantra is that you can’t have enough defenders on the park.
    Let’s hope some club take pity on us and give us a striker to challenge Bruce Anderson for the top role.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I expect us to have a new signing this week as Dodgy Del likes to sign defensive players and this will be his priority. It’s a comfort for him as his mantra is that you can’t have enough defenders on the park.
    Let’s hope some club take pity on us and give us a striker to challenge Bruce Anderson for the top role.
    See your boring now. Mcinnes has already stated that he needs more defensive cover due to the amount of injured defenders we have at the club. McKenna and Reynolds long term, Logan suspended, and Hoban with an injury.

Not really rocket science that we need cover but you use it for your anti Aberdeen agenda.

Anything official about Scotty's injury? Tear/strain?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Anything official about Scotty's injury? Tear/strain?
    Tear apparently.
    That’s 6 weeks minimum.
    Was told post match Tommy Hoban out for a few too.
    Ragbag Rovers at the back next week with Shay out too.

Page 384 of 530 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast