+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Derek McInnes quoted as saying “I’ve always liked him when I’ve seen him”.
    So sounds more like his idea as opposed to Russ Richardson.

If we’re fishing in the English pond I’m afraid this is what we’ll sign.
    When you hear (albeit rumour & not fact) that Kenny McLean is off to a mid table Championship team for about £10k per week, we’ve little chance of signing Championship players.

Let’s wait & see.
    Give him a chance.
    Good post RST lets give him a chance,im more hopeful he will be a decent signing than the likes of maynard was,i said at the time maynard would be s#ite and i was right,forrester seems to have a lot more promise about him,it was only two years ago he eas called up to ROI full squad so he's a player with promise IMO

Seems that he is a good footballer, likes to get on the ball. People saying he lost his way a bit last season after a falling out with the manager which is completly understandable as steve evans is a disgustingly horrible tim cu*t

Out of interest for the people who think he is a poor signing who are they expecting us to sign?

Apart from Mulumba and McGeough in Scotland there isn’t any midfielders that we could realistically sign who would be better than what we have and as rst said Championship players are out of our price range.

Give the boy a chance ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Out of interest for the people who think he is a poor signing who are they expecting us to sign?

Apart from Mulumba and McGeough in Scotland there isn’t any midfielders that we could realistically sign who would be better than what we have and as rst said Championship players are out of our price range.

I personally will give the boy a chance but in all honesty I think he will be poor.
    English, Irish and Welsh players are foreign players anyway so why doesn’t our club not try looking for players from further afield? We are a club that has an extremely lazy scouting system and can generally only sign players who have played in Britain at some point.

Here is an idea, why don't we actually wait and see him play in an Aberdeen team before we judge him?

Players can dip in and out of form all the time for whatever reason they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I personally will give the boy a chance but in all honesty I think he will be poor.
    Based on phit exactly? Your glass being half empty?

As was said by Rico above, who do you expect us to sign? Go on, tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Here is an idea, why don't we actually wait and see him play in an Aberdeen team before we judge him?

Players can dip in and out of form all the time for whatever reason they choose.
    Spot on, gie the loon a fair crack of the whip.

It's like, on here, folk think, because Storey and Tansey were sh1te, then EVERY player coming from ICT will be sh1te. Which ignores the fact that Shinnie has been anything but sh1te. It's the NE way, unfortunetly

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Derek McInnes quoted as saying “I’ve always liked him when I’ve seen him”.
    So sounds more like his idea as opposed to Russ Richardson.

If we’re fishing in the English pond I’m afraid this is what we’ll sign.
    When you hear (albeit rumour & not fact) that Kenny McLean is off to a mid table Championship team for about £10k per week, we’ve little chance of signing Championship players.

Let’s wait & see.
    Give him a chance.
    Bebo was on that when he left us.

Exactly! Very little in Scotland we can source who will provide the same quality as the likes of McLean and Christie - those who could such as Mulumbu and McGeouch probably have plenty other options where they can make more money.

English Championship players are earning a lot more money than we can offer and most would see it as a step down coming to SPL anyway. So being realistic this is the kind of signing we're going to make - players with potential who have maybe not quite fulfilled it from English league 1, and perhaps those frozen out at Championship clubs who originally went down there from Scotland.

The recruitment policy isn't perfect, it throws up some gems and some duds, but it must be working okay if we've finished 2nd in the league for the last 4 years. If we recruited from abroad it would be the same - some signings come off and others don't - just because the player has a fancy foreign name doesn't mean he's any better - maybe if the new lad could change his name to Christophe Forrestini and pretend he's Italian, he'd get given more of a chance from some of our fans!

So Deek has given this guy a 3 yr deal and looks like we have paid between £100-200k for him. Looks like a decent deal.
    Guessing he`s the attacking midfielder signed to replace McLean. ( and Christie )

Only danger is " He`s versatile ". So feck knows what weird positions Deek will have him playing ?!!

Page 69 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast