+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Based on phit exactly? Your glass being half empty?

As was said by Rico above, who do you expect us to sign? Go on, tell us?
    Just because they play in the English 3rd league doesn’t make them a decent player. The English leagues are very well scouted so that itself says a lot.
    How about we look further afield as I am pretty sure there will be very decent players we could attract from say for example Eastern Europe.
    You will find players from that area are not on ridiculous wages compared to a very similar standard you would find in say the championship in England.
    I am not saying Forrester is absolutely useless as I haven’t seen him play much but what I will say is that we have signed far too many mediocre dross from English leagues and I don’t trust our scouting system this window either.

Based on phit exactly? Your glass being half empty?

As was said by Rico above, who do you expect us to sign? Go on, tell us?
    Personally for me I would have been having a look at Youssouf Mulumbu, Ryan Bowman, and of course Dylan McGeouch.
    But that's just my opinion.
    I just have a gut feeling that this guys is going to be sh1te but by fk I hope I'm wrong

SF

Was reading the P+J this morning and from what the lad is saying he has come up here with a point to prove. Seems to play the attacking midfield role with a bit of intelligence. I said at the end of last season that we weren't playing with any real character, not a style that we could call our own so we never really knew where the next goal was coming from.

I reckon this guy could be the answer as he seems to like getting the game moving and fancies scoring a few goals himself. McLean could sometimes pick out a good pass but was never really known for running at the opposition.

What the hell is happening with the McGeouch thing? Has someone else snapped him up?

Spot on, gie the loon a fair crack of the whip.

It's like, on here, folk think, because Storey and Tansey were sh1te, then EVERY player coming from ICT will be sh1te. Which ignores the fact that Shinnie has been anything but sh1te. It's the NE way, unfortunetly
    Nah min, its nae the NE way.
    Plenty of supporters willing to give him a chance.
    Its only a minority that are dismissive before he has even kicked a ball for the Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    just because the player has a fancy foreign name doesn't mean he's any better - maybe if the new lad could change his name to Christophe Forrestini and pretend he's Italian, he'd get given more of a chance from some of our fans!
    He is foreign though, he's from the ROI, so nae part of the UK
    Same place as Rooney he said on RedTV.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Here is an idea, why don't we actually wait and see him play in an Aberdeen team before we judge him?

Players can dip in and out of form all the time for whatever reason they choose.
    Steady on min, nae need to show sense or perspective here!!

SF

What is it with this Mcgeouch fella people are raving about? His 0 goals and 2 assists last season are not the greatest stats. He is a decent player but in no way should he be highest paid player at Aberdeen which he will be if he comes. Allan is the technically better player at Hibs out of the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    What is it with this Mcgeouch fella people are raving about? His 0 goals and 2 assists last season are not the greatest stats. He is a decent player but in no way should he be highest paid player at Aberdeen which he will be if he comes. Allan is the technically better player at Hibs out of the 2.
    Lol...I like your assessment of McGeouch. In fairness the lad looked very decent for Hibs last season but as you state no way should he be the highest paid player at Pittodrie if he signs.
    Allan is technically better but is not a sitting midfielder (Del’s favourite type of player) so he is of no use to us.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Lol...I like your assessment of McGeouch. In fairness the lad looked very decent for Hibs last season but as you state no way should he be the highest paid player at Pittodrie if he signs.
    Allan is technically better but is not a sitting midfielder (Del’s favourite type of player) so he is of no use to us.
    Surely McKenna should be our highest paid player seen as he is most likely to go for the highest fee eventually.

He could be f@cking hinging or he may be a gem. Nae c@nt knows. Lets see him in action.

On other recruitment. We better sign a f@cking left back

Page 70 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast