+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

At least GMS showed signs

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    How long do you recommend we give a player before we can call him sh!t?
    By the measurement of Hayes, Barry Nic (as is mentioned below) at least a full season.

How long do you recommend we give a player before we can call him sh!t?
    You can call him sh!t whenever you want.
    Doesn’t mean it’s true or indeed reality, I mean, DonsDaft still thinks McLean was Sh!t and he was one of if not the best player for Aberdeen last season.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You can call him sh!t whenever you want.
    Doesn’t mean it’s true or indeed reality, I mean, DonsDaft still thinks McLean was Sh!t and he was one of if not the best player for Aberdeen last season.
    He (McLean) came more onto a game once he signed for Norwich so Donsdaft did have a valid point about McLean at previous times. He did go missing in a lot of bigger matches but I honestly thought McInnes made an error by persevering with him in a deep midfield role. McLean is an attacking midfielder as this is where his strengths are.
    So all in all Donsdaft is about right and McInnes is an @rsehole!

He (McLean) came more onto a game once he signed for Norwich so Donsdaft did have a valid point about McLean at previous times. He did go missing in a lot of bigger matches but I honestly thought McInnes made an error by persevering with him in a deep midfield role. McLean is an attacking midfielder as this is where his strengths are.
    So all in all Donsdaft is about right and McInnes is an @rsehole!
    There was always a player in McLean but true, he improved a lot more since the start of the year.
    He seemed more relaxed and secure.
    If there were options given, his range of passing and vision was beautiful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There was always a player in McLean but true, he improved a lot more since the start of the year.
    He seemed more relaxed and secure.
    If there were options given, his range of passing and vision was beautiful to watch.
    His range of passing often went past the touch line. McLean did play better when he got his dream move to Norwich but just remember this...he won nothing as an Aberdeen player so we have a better chance of replacing him with quality as he was hardly a star player.

His range of passing often went past the touch line. McLean did play better when he got his dream move to Norwich but just remember this...he won nothing as an Aberdeen player so we have a better chance of replacing him with quality as he was hardly a star player.
    This comment makes no sense. Winning trophies is down to the team not one player. Whether he won a trophy or not, he was one of the top players in our team for the last 2-3 years. He played a pivotal role in the side too. He will be by far the most difficult player to replace - there's nobody realistically available in Scotland who we could sign to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This comment makes no sense. Winning trophies is down to the team not one player. Whether he won a trophy or not, he was one of the top players in our team for the last 2-3 years. He played a pivotal role in the side too. He will be by far the most difficult player to replace - there's nobody realistically available in Scotland who we could sign to replace him.
    He won’t be difficult to replace, its all in the mind. Kenny McLean failed to win a trophy as an Aberdeen player so he won’t be greatly missed. We must do better than him if we are to win trophies. Losing Johnny Hayes was a bigger miss.
    I am not saying McLean was rubbish but I honestly think people are getting a bit far fetched when they rave about McLean. He was absolutely honking recently playing for Scotland against half decent opposition and never tried to take control of situations. A typical Kenny McLean performance as we have often seen when Aberdeen play bigger matches.

He won’t be difficult to replace, its all in the mind. Kenny McLean failed to win a trophy as an Aberdeen player so he won’t be greatly missed. We must do better than him if we are to win trophies. Losing Johnny Hayes was a bigger miss.
    I am not saying McLean was rubbish but I honestly think people are getting a bit far fetched when they rave about McLean. He was absolutely honking recently playing for Scotland against half decent opposition and never tried to take control of situations. A typical Kenny McLean performance as we have often seen when Aberdeen play bigger matches.
    I can honestly say I disagree with you, but hey ho, each to their own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I agree with you.
    Our hardest task to replace.
    Let’s hope Forrester is that player.

Page 76 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast