+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 79 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes hopes to persuade forward Kenny Miller, 38, to join the Dons on a one-year deal. (Daily Record)

Miller, out of contract after most recently being at Rangers, has held talks with McInnes while Dundee, Motherwell and the striker's first club Hibernian are also keen on Miller. (Sun)

BBC Gossip page.

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    That's the success and benefits of AberDNA showing already, fantastic 😉
    It’s great. Wonder how many folk answered ‘sign Kenny Miller’ when the club asked them how they wanted the money spent

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s great. Wonder how many folk answered ‘sign Kenny Miller’ when the club asked them how they wanted the money spent
    Moving forward with ambition and youth.....let's hope there is a "no f*ckwit" clause for the DNAers....

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Moving forward with ambition and youth.....let's hope there is a "no f*ckwit" clause for the DNAers....
    I assume he'd be uses as an 'impact sub' ? Better option than Maynard.

"good professional , set a work ethic example to the young uns' etc

Bit like Robson in his final year. Let's hope he doesn't get booked as often. Seriously that would be the biggest problem, without that cheeks protection halo from the refs '? (aye other than denting a youngster a place on the bench(

What are the odds held score against both cheeks ?

Just the usual summer nonsense from the papers. Miller is also linked with Hibs which I suspect would be a more favorable option for the young loon considering location and he's played for them before .

It's a no from me anyway, we can't afforded to waste wages on a 38 year old striker .

Can't see any truth in the Kenny Miller thing - he'll want to stay in the central belt and at a club where he's guaranteed games.

I'd like us to give Rooney the first half of the season as the main striker, and give GMS and McGinn the instructions to get crosses into him. Although he doesn't contribute much to the general play, he will still score goals. The alternative is Cosgrove who seems to hold the ball up better and win more in the air, but doesn't look like he'll score many... or May who doesn't score or really seem to add much to the general play. One thing that is clear though is that these 3 should only ever be played through the centre, not on the left or right wing or in the no.10 role. If McInnes wakens up to that it'll be a step forward.

If we're signing another striker it's surely got to be someone with pace and the ability to run in behind as that it something we're totally bereft of in the current 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Im sure if he signed some folk will stroke his and McInnes' hole

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'd like us to give Rooney the first half of the season as the main striker, and give GMS and McGinn the instructions to get crosses into him.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Less of your simple tried and tested tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. Less of your simple tried and tested tactics
    In fact... I'd like Wright to get a run out for a few games to see whether he can cut it or not... so Rooney up top, GMS and Wright out wide and McGinn in the no.10 role.

Page 79 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast