+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 520 of 530 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Yup it's a joke! That bawldy c!unt face prick should be ashamed but he won't be! And the clappies will put a positive spin on what he said!
    That is quality....”bawldy c!unt face prick”...more emphasis should be applied as in PRICKKK.......aka Basil Fawlty tantrums.....regardless, our esteemed chairman is deffo not my cup of tea whatsoever and no amount of spin would alter my opinion.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Yes, i fully agree. After all you are an expert on these two words.
    I would agree, I have been learning to ignore most of your posts, especially the drivel regarding DNA

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Unfortunately it's nature of the modern game.

Clubs are signing more players than they need, often speculating on future development.

It means clubs have surplus players that are better than the ones at clubs further down the financial pecking order. They loan them out to get experience and the benefit for the "smaller" club is they have a player they couldn't normally afford.

The hard fact is you'd be putting yourself at a massive disadvantage if you didn't take in loan players and your rivals did. If we want the club to do as well as it can we have no choice (nor, for that matter do Celtic: all Scottish clubs are wee clubs when it comes to this).

I reckon we'd be a bottom six club without loanees. Obviously we'd prefer that the good players who come here on loan were "our" players, but it's not going to happen.

Banning or restricting loans might help, but it would also have the effect of broadening the quality gap between the rich and poor leagues, already ridiculously wide. SPL clubs chances of making an impact in Europe, for example, would be seriously damaged.

For that kind of reason I just don't see it happening. All the vested interests will be for keeping the loan system going.
    Pretty spot on post Dolly.
    I fully concur

Have Gauld and Christie put pen to paper?

We've signed Jordan McGregor. My mates at Airdrie and is shocked we would have been interested in the first place.

DM's son is turning into a cracking wee player as well. I can see him coming to us next year.

An Airdrie player drinks in my local. Nice chap, horrendous taste in music.

Can’t get a game at Hibs,Accies or Airdrie, so...

Where are the Christie and Gauld unveilings?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    An Airdrie player drinks in my local. Nice chap, horrendous taste in music.
    When you say horrendous...?

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Can’t get a game at Hibs,Accies or Airdrie, so...
    You never know.

At age 21 with those failings - i’d hazard a guess. Trumps Nowak though.

Page 520 of 530 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522 ... LastLast