+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 374 of 530 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Jeezo, I’d love to have to negotiate with a bunch of you on here at my work based on some of the stuff I’m seeing 🤨

We hold ALL the cards re McKenna - every single one - the lad himself isn’t even looking for a move and I doubt sh’ite like Swansea will turn his head much.

Yes it was a B squad in Mexico and Peru, but I guarantee McKenna is Scotland first choice CH now and will be for the next qualifiers and beyond.

Kyle Bartley just moved for £7m. Remember him at the Huns - absolute dogsh’ite.

Nobody is telling me he’s better than McKenna right now - not a fu’ckin chance.

He’s just turned in a great performance vs Burnley. Another tomorrow and we can just keep adding to the fee.

Our biggest problem is if Milne also has the inferiority complex being ably demonstrated on here. He’s hoping not.

£8-£10m absolute minimum plus 20% sell on or he stays. As I said before, the worst that happens is we keep the best young CH in Scotland.
    Kyle Bartley was “only” £4m with potential add ons & had spent a season in the EPL

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

£10 million and leased back (wages paid) for 1 maybe 2 seasons would be fine by me.

That's a dream scenario through.

How much do they need for this stupid new stadium?
    Thought you were against loan players, even if sold and loaned back.

I think it would be acceptable if we got £5 million plus with sell on’s.
    I’d accept if £4 million of that plugged the gap in the training facilities, which will aid our future home grown players.
    The remainder £1 million plus goes into reinvestment into the team

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Kyle Bartley was “only” £4m with potential add ons & had spent a season in the EPL
    I hope they get a huge fee but is he really a multi million pound footballer. Good luck to the lad but Aberdeen need to take the dough. Not sure he'll be quite the player being hoped for . In any case Devlin was the better of the 2 last week.

I'm nae in favour of loans at all.

I can see that this one would benefit us though.

It's not the training ground they should be looking to finance with this sale though, it's the shortfall in the stadium they should be thinking about.

Of course, I'm nae in favour of the stadium either.

To go against the grain. I doubt he will go

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    To go against the grain. I doubt he will go
    agreed. I just can't see a club blowing us away with an incredible offer (anything above £3M would probably be something to make a counter offer against) within the next week.

Fair enough

If £3 million is on the table then knock it back and take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Managed 233 minutes in 5 appearances around the latest recurrence of long-standing knee injury. Brings his total to 21 Premiership appearances averaging 65mins per game. He does have a whopping 97 Championship appearances to justify the £4.5m with add-ons. That’s a fair wedge to gamble on an injury prone 27yr old managing to stay away from the treatment table and placing a large part of hopes of returning to the top tier upon him being more than the mince he is. Experienced, in his prime? They really could have done better.

Huddersfield and Fulham have each spent £20m on Kongola and Mawson. United were quoted £50-60m for Alderweireld and Maguire. Solid defensive recruitment becoming pretty difficult even for the loaded.

Comparing McKenna to what’s available on the market and considering he looks more than capable of further potential, it would be galling to see Milne fold on this one. Don’t think we’ll have such a prized commodity on our hands again in a hurry.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 01-08-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Michael Hector didn't exactly have many first team games under his belt when Chelsea paid over 4 million for him a couple of years ago and loaned him straight back to Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Michael Hector didn't exactly have many first team games under his belt when Chelsea paid over 4 million for him a couple of years ago and loaned him straight back to Reading.
    On him. 26 and still being punted on loan. 14 times and counting. Weird career path

Page 374 of 530 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast