+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 449 of 530 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ve also heard dafties say “he’s on £30k per week, he must have something”..
    What a load of nonsense that is.

He got given a 4 year contract (about 3 years ago) on the basis of a good few months (about 3 years ago)

All that’s happened since then is he’s had a serious injury & not scored a lot of goals.
    A few years ago, the Hull City youth team prospects were handed £25k pw and they all pretty much gave up ambition wise.

Can't get excited by this, his record is poor but happy to give him a chance and can't be worse than our last 6/7/8 strikers he's signed.

As for Cadden, that ship sailed a while ago.

Not excited by this at all I'm afraid. Another cheap option for us. Milne would be happy

I wouldn't say it's an ideal loan signing, especially given that if he lights the world on fire up here he definitely won't be staying.

But I would rather take a loan signing than pay over the odds for a lower league striker like Marquis who would be a far bigger gamble.

The guy is clearly a talent and frankly if he had been a top scorer in the Championship on loan he would probably already have been sold to another Premier League or Championship side.

If we do make this signing I would expect significant resources to be directed towards other areas of the time e.g. trying to get Christie on a permanent deal considering that he seems to be completely out of the frame at Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Ross, wright and Campbell are different positions.
    Are you suggesting we should not sign a striker and promote our youth?
    Yes, well aware 2 of the names mentioned would be different positions. Point stands don't impact the AFC kids. Did you disregard the rest. I mentioned 2 strikers. Players of their ilk need brought in permanently.
    Loans are in the market n detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I wouldn't say it's an ideal loan signing, especially given that if he lights the world on fire up here he definitely won't be staying.

But I would rather take a loan signing than pay over the odds for a lower league striker like Marquis who would be a far bigger gamble.

The guy is clearly a talent and frankly if he had been a top scorer in the Championship on loan he would probably already have been sold to another Premier League or Championship side.

If we do make this signing I would expect significant resources to be directed towards other areas of the time e.g. trying to get Christie on a permanent deal considering that he seems to be completely out of the frame at Celtic.
    Not an if any more. On afc website as official

Another stop gap, I'll give the lad a chance but like someone said if he is good we will only have him one season..

Welcome to AFC, James. Give it your all and we (most of us anyway) will back you to the hilt.

Does anyone know if there’s a recall clause in January just in case he hangs them in up here

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I mentioned 2 strikers. Players of their ilk need brought in permanently.
    Loans are in the market n detrimental.
    I don;t think loans can be detrimental.
    It can mean we get in better quality than we otherwise could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Yes, well aware 2 of the names mentioned would be different positions. Point stands don't impact the AFC kids.
    Not understanding your point.
    The lad Anderson has had opportunities , primarily because we let Rooney go.
    Was that foresight or luck from the manager, who knows.
    Are you suggesting that we shouldn't sign another striker to let Anderson an opportunity?

Three loans and counting

Page 449 of 530 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499 ... LastLast