+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 152 of 530 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    No because im not a football scout but Kenny Miller who is 90, Jonny Hayes on loan from would be a a joke, Anthony O'Connor who turned down a deal to keep him and Alex Schalk who is sh@te and below the standard we should be aiming for i.e sh@te are four examples of folk I wouldn't want in red shirts but they have been linked

There isn't much to be positive about. Last season was a missed opportunity. Season ticket holders are now pond scum, manager still has inexplicably baffling tactics, Andrew Considine still plays left back, the club show no ambition, the chairman just wants a ground and doesn't care about whats on the pitch,bottling big games is part and parcel of a season, need I go on
    Why do you even bother supporting Aberdeen? Sounds like your life would be happier without it.

What would the club showing ambition look like for you? How much money do we need to spend on a player for you to consider it "showing ambition"? What level of player are we talking about? Give us some names (not necessarily guys you think we should or could sign, but just the level of player you're talking about)...

I can't say whether Shalke would be a good signing or not.

He certainly used to cause us all sorts of problems.

How much effort went into Kenny Miller, Schalk and Hayes if true. How much effort went into finding them. You telling me there are not better affordable players further afield. On the doorstep/known already seems the way.

Add Devlin and ferguson to the on the doorstep list
    Hearts have been signing foreign players galore for the last 2-3 seasons and have consistently finished miles below us. McInnes signing policy isn't perfect, but it's taken us to a pretty good place considering where we were before - it's worked on the basis that every year 1 or 2 guys come in that make an improvement to the team, 1 or 2 help maintain the standard and 1 or 2 don't quite work out. At every level, signings are risks - the risk is minimised a little when they are a known quantity who have played in the SPL before.

No because im not a football scout but Kenny Miller who is 90, Jonny Hayes on loan from would be a a joke, Anthony O'Connor who turned down a deal to keep him and Alex Schalk who is sh@te and below the standard we should be aiming for i.e sh@te are four examples of folk I wouldn't want in red shirts but they have been linked

There isn't much to be positive about. Last season was a missed opportunity. Season ticket holders are now pond scum, manager still has inexplicably baffling tactics, Andrew Considine still plays left back, the club show no ambition, the chairman just wants a ground and doesn't care about whats on the pitch,bottling big games is part and parcel of a season, need I go on
    " Need I go on ? "

NO. but you will.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I can't say whether Shalke would be a good signing or not.

He certainly used to cause us all sorts of problems.
    Did he?

Name, say, 3 occasions when he did so? Liam Boyce and Craig Curran I recall doing so, but Shalke?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Hearts have been signing foreign players galore for the last 2-3 seasons and have consistently finished miles below us. McInnes signing policy isn't perfect, but it's taken us to a pretty good place considering where we were before - it's worked on the basis that every year 1 or 2 guys come in that make an improvement to the team, 1 or 2 help maintain the standard and 1 or 2 don't quite work out. At every level, signings are risks - the risk is minimised a little when they are a known quantity who have played in the SPL before.
    Very true.
    Throughout the SPFL, we are viewed as the standard that other teams want to achieve / replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Very true.
    Throughout the SPFL, we are viewed as the standard that other teams want to achieve / replicate.
    Where do you get this nuggets from? Who aspires to be the current version of Aberdeen?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Did he?

Name, say, 3 occasions when he did so? Liam Boyce and Craig Curran I recall doing so, but Shalke?
    Scored a couple of goals against us in January.
    Score in a couple of other games against us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Where do you get this nuggets from? Who aspires to be the current version of Aberdeen?
    Go do some research and read some other forums.
    We’ve consistently finished best of the rest for the last 4 years, would have been 5bif not for that tw@t ref McLean.
    It’s not hard to find.

I'm aware where we finished. My question was where is there statements from SPFL chairman stating the Dons are the standard to replicate. I doubt they're contributing on forums. Happy to be educated.

Page 152 of 530 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast