+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 180 of 530 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Right tin hat on. Jason Cummings on bbc sport this morning. Never got a deal with the blue filth and cannae get a game at forest. There’s a player there but obviously is tainted!!! Shoot me down but I think he’d be a decent acquisition
    Absolute, definite no
    A flat track bully who only looked decent at Scottish Championship level.
    Was p1sh at SEVCO

Based on his Hibs days where do we sign? However he was so disappointing lst season and all the stuff from him and his Dad about playing for Rangers was a bit too much.

If he was comfortable playing wide then perhaps but as he is only a striker it's a not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Absolute, definite no
    A flat track bully who only looked decent at Scottish Championship level.
    Was p1sh at SEVCO
    Agree

100% no

Take away the fact that he is a multi-tattoed acquiring ex Hun t.wat (especially that joker hand tattoe)

He is SH!TE. Nowhere NEAR good enough for us.

Alex Shalk is Pele compared to Cummings
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 02-07-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Agree

100% no

Take away the fact that he is a multi-tattoed acquiring ex Hun t.wat (especially that joker hand tattoe)

He is SH!TE. Nowhere NEAR good enough for us.

Alex Shalk is Pele compared to Cummings
    Aye i agree, but Cummings is the sort of player Derek would want imo. I would much prerfer Shalk, a million times more in fact, but i wouldnt be surprised if we are sniffing about at Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Aye i agree, but Cummings is the sort of player Derek would want imo. I would much prerfer Shalk, a million times more in fact, but i wouldnt be surprised if we are sniffing about at Cummings.
    That was why I mentioned him originally. Young player who doesn’t make it down south and comes back up here for another shot. Exactly the sort of player Mcinnes likes.
    I’m no a huge fan of the idea but I dont think he’s a worse player than shalk. There was potential there with him before his move down south. If you got the player he was a couple of years ago I don’t think he’d be that bad

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Right tin hat on. Jason Cummings on bbc sport this morning. Never got a deal with the blue filth and cannae get a game at forest. There’s a player there but obviously is tainted!!! Shoot me down but I think he’d be a decent acquisition
    Oh ffs, please god make this p1sh stop...............

Cummings is definitely a McInnes type signing, but out of all the players we've been linked with thus far, he is the one I would least like to see us signing. He just comes across as an absolute tw@t. Thick as a brick and thinks he's some kind of superstar. Maybe he'll end up back at Hibs.

Probably the thinking is still along the lines of

Right Back - cover required. if we get the chance to sign a first pick great but very difficult to pick someone up who is willing to be a bit part player. Would point to someone who plays multi positions like O'Connor/Ball but keeping in mind DM has promised us that he will improve on the quality of the back-up as both of those two were a fish out of water at fullback.

Right Centre back - as above. very difficult to persuade say one of the remaining championship freebies (Hobbs, Loovens, Mills) when we are pretty much set on it being Devlin/McKenna. Would point to a Hector/Daniels sort of loan signing. Could change tact and make Consi the right centre back sub and sign a first pick left back.

Winger - There is simply no chance DM will enter the season with Wright/Ross/May/Rooney as the cover for McGinn/GMS. Fully expect a third first choice winger to come in and be rotated in regularly. It wouldn't surprise me if we signed two and loaned out Wright.

Striker - I think DM will be holding off for sure on this one hoping a clear first pick becomes available as the summer goes on.

Right Back and Winger top priorities this week

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Probably the thinking is still along the lines of

Right Back - cover required. if we get the chance to sign a first pick great but very difficult to pick someone up who is willing to be a bit part player. Would point to someone who plays multi positions like O'Connor/Ball but keeping in mind DM has promised us that he will improve on the quality of the back-up as both of those two were a fish out of water at fullback.

Right Centre back - as above. very difficult to persuade say one of the remaining championship freebies (Hobbs, Loovens, Mills) when we are pretty much set on it being Devlin/McKenna. Would point to a Hector/Daniels sort of loan signing. Could change tact and make Consi the right centre back sub and sign a first pick left back.

Winger - There is simply no chance DM will enter the season with Wright/Ross/May/Rooney as the cover for McGinn/GMS. Fully expect a third first choice winger to come in and be rotated in regularly. It wouldn't surprise me if we signed two and loaned out Wright.

Striker - I think DM will be holding off for sure on this one hoping a clear first pick becomes available as the summer goes on.

Right Back and Winger top priorities this week
    Yip, agree with most of that
    We need cover for Logan as he's suspended for first 3 league games. Is Harrington good enough? Who knows.

Need cover at right centre back as Devlin himself said he was very rusty.

Definitely need a wide player, and one that's a genuine challenger for first X1, not a Monakana type.

My feelings on striker are well known - IMO we need a new first pick, even if we need to let one (most likely Rooney) go.

Speaking of random shouts of players from the Championship.

I'd be speaking to Stephen Ireland (31) and Wes Hoolahan (36) and trying to sell them the Irish dream at Pittodrie. Genuinely think there is a sales pitch to make if they were now looking at League One clubs at this stage. Ireland for instance has never played outwith the EPL as far as I know so might not have the appetitie to drop down the english leagues.

Hoolahan although a lot older has been playing 50 games a season pretty much.

Page 180 of 530 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast