+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 193 of 530 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I’m all for playing that formation in certain games but do you really think we should be playing with 2 holding midfielders and 1 striker against bottom 6 teams at Pittodrie?
    Didn’t we have the best record against the bottom 6 last year?

Who was playing up front in those games?

The guy you said has been going backwards for 24 months.

2016/17 season aside how many times have we horsed teams playing with 1 up front?

I’m all for playing that formation in certain games but do you really think we should be playing with 2 holding midfielders and 1 striker against bottom 6 teams at Pittodrie?
    Completely agree.
    Against all bar 3 teams, 1 holding midfielder should be enough.

Hibs expected to announce Stevie Mallan signing tomorrow. Surely would have been worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Apparently had a bid turned down by Doncaster for their striker John Marquis, 26 goals in league 2 then 15 in league 1. Between 500k and 750k
    Would be a real marquis signing.

Coat's already on...

So why is Rooney looking like getting replaced? Still nae got my head around it

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    So why is Rooney looking like getting replaced? Still nae got my head around it
    Im nae to sure if it is Rooney that will get moved on, Stevie May hasnt really got going up here so could there be a possible shift back to St Johnstone for him? Thats where he played his best football and maybe its the place that he feels most comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Im nae to sure if it is Rooney that will get moved on, Stevie May hasnt really got going up here so could there be a possible shift back to St Johnstone for him? Thats where he played his best football and maybe its the place that he feels most comfortable.
    Can’t see May getting moved on considering we paid 400k for him less than a year ago,I would imagine he will get another season at least to prove himself.

Cosgrove won’t be leaving either as he just signed in January so if any striker moves on it will be Rooney which is a huge gamble imo.

Can’t see May getting moved on considering we paid 400k for him less than a year ago,I would imagine he will get another season at least to prove himself.

Cosgrove won’t be leaving either as he just signed in January so if any striker moves on it will be Rooney which is a huge gamble imo.
    And didn't DM say last week that Rooney wasn't going anywhere?

I think its May as well, who could be on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    And didn't DM say last week that Rooney wasn't going anywhere?

I think its May as well, who could be on his way out.
    Unless it’s on loan I can’t see it,no one will buy him so we would have to write off the 400k we paid for him plus he has 3 years left on his contract so we would have to pay that off as well if he doesn’t want to leave.

Unless it’s on loan I can’t see it,no one will buy him so we would have to write off the 400k we paid for him plus he has 3 years left on his contract so we would have to pay that off as well if he doesn’t want to leave.
    To be fair to DM, he's never been afraid to cut his losses and get rid of players very quickly after taking them in; Wylde, Zola, Tansey, albiet he never paid a fee for any of those ones

We'll see.

Interesting that May started off last season well, double v Dundee at home followed by one v Killie, which showed that both his technique and confidence hadn't been affected or eroded at that time by his serious injury. So what has happened since? Coaching tecniques?

Page 193 of 530 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast