+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 268 of 530 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    I hope the young lads do get a chance, it's a good way to get additional revenue if they come good, we could really cash in on McKenna if we ever want to. My only concern is that they need consistent gametime, and McInnes historically doesn't really do that - he will give the odd start and 20 mins from the bench and if you don't hit the ground running, you are done! Same with the fans in that regard to be honest as well....

One example I always think of is we got rid of Shankland too quickly, even if we'd loaned him out and kept him on our books, i'd have prepared the laddie to the likes of Maynard!
    We did. We loaned him to St Mirren and even their fans say he was Tom Kite.

Shankland wasn't good enough for us. That is the stark reality of it. He's gone and scoring goals in a much lesser league. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Lawrence Shankland was never going to be good enough.
    He's found his level - top League 1/bottom Championship.
    I'd have been happier with Bill Maynard then Nicky Maynard.
    Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    We did. We loaned him to St Mirren and even their fans say he was Tom Kite.

Shankland wasn't good enough for us. That is the stark reality of it. He's gone and scoring goals in a much lesser league. Good luck to him.
    I'll always disagree. Some players develop at different rates to others. He was 1 in 3 at St Mirren in first season, not that bad. Second season he did struggle with them on loan. Great last season albeit in League 1, but if he does it again this season in Championship then we may have missed a trick.

Last summer we were saying the same about McKenna.

At this point we can probably start to worry. I do wonder if the lack of decent (or any) signings comes down to the pressure of AberdeeDNA. I'd imagine McInnes has tried and missed to get some of the bigger targets he had planned and because DNA is in place he'll know he can't bring in dross as it would render the whole idea of DNA completely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    At this point we can probably start to worry. I do wonder if the lack of decent (or any) signings comes down to the pressure of AberdeeDNA. I'd imagine McInnes has tried and missed to get some of the bigger targets he had planned and because DNA is in place he'll know he can't bring in dross as it would render the whole idea of DNA completely worthless.
    "He'll know he can't bring in dross"...

Too late....Nowak is in for a trial.....what does that tell you?

"He'll know he can't bring in dross"...

Too late....Nowak is in for a trial.....what does that tell you?
    It tells you that a player who was good enough to be capped by Poland at U21 level and below has been given a chance to see what he can do.

It really tells you nothing else unless you want it too. If you want to over analyze it and interpret that it means we are desperate then that's fine. Doesn't mean that we all are.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    It tells you that a player who was good enough to be capped by Poland at U21 level and below has been given a chance to see what he can do.

It really tells you nothing else unless you want it too. If you want to over analyze it and interpret that it means we are desperate then that's fine. Doesn't mean that we all are.
    He couldn't get a game for a sh1te Hearts team.
    He didn't start a game in 6 months for whatever Greek team he went to.

It tells me we are completely out of ideas for defenders if we're taking the likes of him on trial.
    Mark McGheeesque.
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 16-07-2018 at 02:53 PM.

It tells me we are completely out of ideas for defenders if we're taking the likes of him on trial.
    Mark McGheeesque.
    Did I miss something? Has he signed?

Mark McGheeesque.
    Talking about him playing for the u21s is like that thing the papers used to do;

"Ex Barcelona star, Juanjo"

"Former England U21 star, Been Thornley"

"Former Hearts reject..."

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Did I miss something? Has he signed?
    I hope to f**k not
    The very fact we've taken him on trial, therefore think he might be good enough, is bad enough.
    Stinks of desperation

Where’s the trust?

I’m not panicking just yet. I know our current coach is a f*kn dunce but he’s not that stupid. No way we’ll be this short with Burnley & the Huns coming up, especially in the first year of DNA

Sit back & relax. The class signings are already in the bag

Page 268 of 530 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast