+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 251 of 530 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    who has been our last good signing?

You're pulling on a hugely different tangent from the topic, but I'll play along.
    Defining a players rating is a personal one, but for me, let me start with the picks from the first team: -

Lewis - Cracking goalkeeper, came to us when confidence was down and needed to restart his career. I'm surprised clubs down south have not been sniffing about his availability. Overall very good, but does occasionally slip up.

Logan - Very raw when he first played with Anderson guiding him through the initial 6 months. Grew in confidence and went on to have a couple of good seasons. Was pretty poor last year, not his usual self. I'd love to see him hit the byeline or take on the defender more.

Devlin - Still to prove himself, but if he keeps injury free and plays to his capabilities, he could well be our best CH signed in the McInnes regime

Shinnie - By far my favourite player, gives his all, drives the team forward, we just simply are not the same without him

GMS - Fantastic skills and ability, can be very hot and cold. Started to show a bit more consistency towards the end of the season, so here's hoping he kicks on this year

McGinn - Started to wane before he left for South Korea. Wasn't too bothered when he left and he's yet to show his worth in the team bar one or two games since he came back in January

Forrester - Too early to tell, but potentially could be a very good signing for us.

Gleeson - Great reports from most managers he's worked under. Looking forward to seeing him in competitive games but again too early to tell.

Rooney - Fantastic striker, knows where the onion bag is, but has not been as good in the last 18 months or so. Brilliant in the box, not so good out of it and tends to lead to a single way of playing when he plays which many teams have snuffed out.

May - Decent striker with good feet. I think he struggles as the solo front man and needs another striker to feed off of. Hoping I'm wrong and he goes on to be brilliant for the Dons this year

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEoin View Post
    Joe Lewis, and before him probably have to say Shay Logan.
    That’s pretty good going finishing 2nd for 4 seasons in a row if Joe Lewis has been our only good signing since 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s pretty good going finishing 2nd for 4 seasons in a row if Joe Lewis has been our only good signing since 2014.
    Careful, you're not allowed to mention 2nd place in a positive sense.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You're pulling on a hugely different tangent from the topic, but I'll play along.
    Defining a players rating is a personal one, but for me, let me start with the picks from the first team: -

Lewis - Cracking goalkeeper, came to us when confidence was down and needed to restart his career. I'm surprised clubs down south have not been sniffing about his availability. Overall very good, but does occasionally slip up.

Logan - Very raw when he first played with Anderson guiding him through the initial 6 months. Grew in confidence and went on to have a couple of good seasons. Was pretty poor last year, not his usual self. I'd love to see him hit the byeline or take on the defender more.

Devlin - Still to prove himself, but if he keeps injury free and plays to his capabilities, he could well be our best CH signed in the McInnes regime

Shinnie - By far my favourite player, gives his all, drives the team forward, we just simply are not the same without him

GMS - Fantastic skills and ability, can be very hot and cold. Started to show a bit more consistency towards the end of the season, so here's hoping he kicks on this year

McGinn - Started to wane before he left for South Korea. Wasn't too bothered when he left and he's yet to show his worth in the team bar one or two games since he came back in January

Forrester - Too early to tell, but potentially could be a very good signing for us.

Gleeson - Great reports from most managers he's worked under. Looking forward to seeing him in competitive games but again too early to tell.

Rooney - Fantastic striker, knows where the onion bag is, but has not been as good in the last 18 months or so. Brilliant in the box, not so good out of it and tends to lead to a single way of playing when he plays which many teams have snuffed out.

May - Decent striker with good feet. I think he struggles as the solo front man and needs another striker to feed off of. Hoping I'm wrong and he goes on to be brilliant for the Dons this year
    That's your best post yet. You've managed to get it all in there. So Lewis has been his last good signing. Sorted

Finishing second has been a decent achievment especially the last two seasons when we have been written off before a ball was kicked, the problem now is that because of the spending power of the ugly sisters is SM going to be happy now to tighten the purse strings, not buy or sign anyone decent and happilly settle for 3rd, this is a situation that will prove costly in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Finishing second has been a decent achievment especially the last two seasons when we have been written off before a ball was kicked, the problem now is that because of the spending power of the ugly sisters is SM going to be happy now to tighten the purse strings, not buy or sign anyone decent and happilly settle for 3rd, this is a situation that will prove costly in the long run.
    I think Milnes expectations have always been to qualify for Europe,imo to him finishing 2nd along with winning a trophy would fall into the exceeds expectations category.

I don’t think there is any desire from him to continue to finish above the Huns and there certainly isn’t any desire to challenge Celtic,I might be wrong of course but that’s the impression I get whenever he is interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Different levels.
    He had a number of chances in our first team but didn't really take them.
    Dropping down a couple of levels will have helped the lad, but is yet to be seen if he can cut it in the top league
    He had a peach of a diving header hit the wrong side of the post against the cheeks at todders. Just think given a bit more time like Mckenna he would have done something, along with a couple of others

I think Milnes expectations have always been to qualify for Europe,imo to him finishing 2nd along with winning a trophy would fall into the exceeds expectations category.

I don’t think there is any desire from him to continue to finish above the Huns and there certainly isn’t any desire to challenge Celtic,I might be wrong of course but that’s the impression I get whenever he is interviewed.
    Thats where Milne falls on his arse, we dont turn up at the first game of the season hoping that come May we will finish 3rd or 4th, we go with the dream of being champions or else its not worth your time going.
    As long as this malaise is allowed to spread through the club then every one of us is wasting our Saturday afternoons.
    We need winners from top to bottom, if Milne doesnt want to spend then he should go, loan signings are not a longterm fix, they are the signof a club who domt really trust in their own youth development and take youngsters from teams in England.
    I could go on and on but now is the time for Milne to go, never mind all the fuss of a new stadium, just go NOW!!!!!!!

Soldifying the defence at right back as well as a great shotstopper, hard to say they are not the two of the best signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's your best post yet. You've managed to get it all in there. So Lewis has been his last good signing. Sorted
    You don't disagree with any off it then

Sounds like you don't rate any of our players.
    What's your opinion?
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 15-07-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Page 251 of 530 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast