+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 262 of 530 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Does nobody "mod" this site??

What an embarrassment of a thread this has turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

There used to be. Red cards should be handed out after that.

Transfer activity this week ahead should get most talking about the signed players and what they will/won’t bring to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    They possibly are but the discussion was they are the only good signings McInnes has made in the last 4 years.

If that was true then he has done really well finishing 2nd 4 years in a row if the rest of his signings have been shyte.

Personally I would say he has made a few good signings on top of Lewis and Logan.
    Don't get me wrong he has made some decent signings, but like has previously been mentioned you would be hard pressed to find a manager who didn't make a bad signing at any level. For me though, those two are the stand outs. May very well might come on to a game this year, but f'ck knows he is not one to lead the attack and plays better off behind a leading striker.

For me I hope that Rooney does not go to Salford, if ever there were proven goals within the team it is him. His goalscoring suffered when we lost Hayes and Mcginn and we then got "Wingers" who would prefer to drift in and go themselves rather than put a ball in for a effectively poacher. I get that we need to mix up a play but to have the best goalscorer since the king treated this way is a travesty. Here is hoping that European footbal is enough to keep him with us, as he has every right to look elsewhere if he is going to be left on the bench.

I always believed that regardles of who you play it is up to the team you play to line up against what you play, not for the manager to try and guess and adapt to what might happen, and I still have to say we look the best in a 4-2-3-1. But why May can't play that number 10 role is a wonder. From what I have heard Gleeson and Forrester will be good signings and it will be good to see how Ferguson develops, but we need a high quality level to come in. We need someone to cover Shay, who is by far the best right back we could hope for at the moment, a left back, central defender (because I struggle to find a place in the team for both Considine and Reynolds anymore) and finally an attacking midfielder who can play central or right. Apart from that I think we shape up nicely enough.

I do not expect us to beat Burnley but see no reason why we can't make things diificult for them at home anyway. I would put Groningen ahead of them and we pulled that one out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEoin View Post
    Don't get me wrong he has made some decent signings, but like has previously been mentioned you would be hard pressed to find a manager who didn't make a bad signing at any level. For me though, those two are the stand outs. May very well might come on to a game this year, but f'ck knows he is not one to lead the attack and plays better off behind a leading striker.

For me I hope that Rooney does not go to Salford, if ever there were proven goals within the team it is him. His goalscoring suffered when we lost Hayes and Mcginn and we then got "Wingers" who would prefer to drift in and go themselves rather than put a ball in for a effectively poacher. I get that we need to mix up a play but to have the best goalscorer since the king treated this way is a travesty. Here is hoping that European footbal is enough to keep him with us, as he has every right to look elsewhere if he is going to be left on the bench.

I always believed that regardles of who you play it is up to the team you play to line up against what you play, not for the manager to try and guess and adapt to what might happen, and I still have to say we look the best in a 4-2-3-1. But why May can't play that number 10 role is a wonder. From what I have heard Gleeson and Forrester will be good signings and it will be good to see how Ferguson develops, but we need a high quality level to come in. We need someone to cover Shay, who is by far the best right back we could hope for at the moment, a left back, central defender (because I struggle to find a place in the team for both Considine and Reynolds anymore) and finally an attacking midfielder who can play central or right. Apart from that I think we shape up nicely enough.

I do not expect us to beat Burnley but see no reason why we can't make things diificult for them at home anyway. I would put Groningen ahead of them and we pulled that one out of the bag.
    Burnley are better than Groningen.
    Groningen would not finish 7th in the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Playing in the Eredivisie is a sure way to prevent that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agreed, and also outwith us trying to sign players this week, I would bank on Burnley adding a player or two this week and they will probably be worth £10-£20 million. It's a steep hill we are climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggios_Ponytail View Post
    Agreed, and also outwith us trying to sign players this week, I would bank on Burnley adding a player or two this week and they will probably be worth £10-£20 million. It's a steep hill we are climbing.
    Their manager has said they’ll break their transfer record this summer... so £15-£20m
    Different world.
    Already been linked with Jay Rodriguez, Danny Ings.

Meanwhile, in Sleepy Hollow.........

Agreed. If folk aren’t on the verge of slitting their wrists due to the lack of signings they’re hurling primary school playground tier insults at each other. Surely we all have more productive things we could be doing. To be honest the only time I spend worrying about our lack of signings is when I log on here and read the 2018 summer pant pishing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Transfer activity this week ahead should get most talking about the signed players and what they will/won’t bring to the club.
    Yay.
    We can all look forward to who you’ll dismiss before they even play for the team.

Page 262 of 530 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast