+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 272 of 530 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Hope he starts with May or new striker 🙄, playing Cosgrove will play right in to Burnleys hands, 2 big strong centre halfs will mop up everything punted up to them. Got a chance with pace out wide as Lowton and Bardsley are not the quickest GMS could run them ragged if he can be arsed. Not seen much of Devlin is he a physical defender? Burnley strikers are big bullying types Wood, Walters and Barnes not much finesse about them, a good Mckenna showing will have epl teams interested. Lennon will run riot up against Considine if he is physically and mentally fit he has had problems with both in recent years. Central midfield will be a good battle, they will probably line up with Hendrick, Defour and Cork all solid players. I think if our 1st 11 are fit we can give them a good go, add a couple players in next week we will have a good chance.
    Burnley having the 2 big central defenders will be the reason McInnes plays Cosgrove. I will be very surprised if he starts with May.
    Devlin is a physical defender but having another injury is not a good sign before a big match. I believe he will be our most consistent new player and probably form a good partnership with McKenna (hope we don’t sell him for £2m).
    Our 1st eleven give me the fear at the moment as there is a few weaknesses. Hopefully we address this shortly and give ourselves a chance against a hard working team.

No idea if its true, but Twitter suggesting Mulumbu on way to Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    No idea if its true, but Twitter suggesting Mulumbu on way to Hibs?
    Wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t even think we have even considered Mulumbu.
    On second thoughts,
    I checked the rumour and it comes from AgentKevinITK....he hasn’t covered himself in glory by his previous In The Know tweets! 🤣
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 16-07-2018 at 08:25 PM.

I'll be very surprised if he picked hibs over killie (and any other options).

Rumour comes from AgentKevin so probably best ignored

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I'll be very surprised if he picked hibs over killie (and any other options).

Rumour comes from AgentKevin so probably best ignored
    Ffs .... scratch that then!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Are we so desperate for signings that we are eulogising and pining for Lawrence Shankland?
    Dearie me.
    Hahaha amazing what the boredom of no transfers will do! I just want players...it'll come though...I hope!

lyness on trial

who?

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    lyness on trial

who?
    He played at U17 level for England but hearts and even St Johnstone didn't want him so 87Kilos will be happy.

Obviously we never had any plans for back up keeper if true.

Calderwoodesque.

Dominic Ball coming back on loan seemingly.

I said at the end of last season that him getting a run in front of the back 4 post split was a big reason we only conceded 1 goal in 5 games.

However he'll likely be played at right back while Shay is suspended and he's horrific there.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Dominic Ball coming back on loan seemingly.

I said at the end of last season that him getting a run in front of the back 4 post split was a big reason we only conceded 1 goal in 5 games.

However he'll likely be played at right back while Shay is suspended and he's horrific there.
    Given our present situation I would take Ball back at the moment to bulk up the squad a bit and provide cover in a couple of areas. In front of the back 4 he’s useful as he has a bit of height, good strength, reasonable tackling and is more athletic than most of the other options we have in the defensive side of the team. He knows the city and the team so less time to settle in - not an exciting, inspiring signing but at this point in time I’d take him if the rumour is true. I won’t be devastated if it isn’t though!

Page 272 of 530 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast