+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 444 of 530 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingtalk View Post
    What’s that you say? Only 1 permanent despite all the DNA money and the Rooney transfer fee. I’m stunned! Where could all of the money have gone.
    Remember, most of the DNA money is install,ent of which there have been only 3 instalments.
    I’ve contributed only £54.
    6000 sign ups, that’s, £300k gross, with deductions etc, maybe £200k.
    Some did pay up in full so may be a little higher, but then thought there was somethingg about 60%, to the first team, so maybe circa £120k.

I don’t know exactly to be fair, but the cash is not flow yet into the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Remember, most of the DNA money is install,ent of which there have been only 3 instalments.
    Some did pay up in full so may be a little higher, but then thought there was somethingg about 60%, to the first team, so maybe circa £120k.

I don’t know exactly to be fair, but the cash is not flow yet into the accounts.
    Fair enough, still think those that have signed up for DNA were sold a Bernie Madoff. Time will tell but looking at bench yesterday and those that have to come back we have zero game changers in reserve. Im not counting Anderson as he should start ahead of the donkey Cosgrove.

I will say it again....you are getting conned by the whole AberDNA palaver. The heed hauncho (Stewart Milne) has stated that Derek McInnes (Dodgy Del) has an increased transfer budget again this season and he has some of the DNA funds.
    I know you (Afc1903mad) don’t believe my doubting of Milne’s word...but I will be the first to say I was wrong once we have obviously tooled right up and good to go after the window closes. I am being serious here in my pessimism of Stewart Milne’s word. If he cons you I really hope you (DNA members) hold him to account!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I will say it again....you are getting conned by the whole AberDNA palaver. The heed hauncho (Stewart Milne) has stated that Derek McInnes (Dodgy Del) has an increased transfer budget again this season and he has some of the DNA funds.
    I know you (Afc1903mad) don’t believe my doubting of Milne’s word...but I will be the first to say I was wrong once we have obviously tooled right up and good to go after the window closes. I am being serious here in my pessimism of Stewart Milne’s word. If he cons you I really hope you (DNA members) hold him to account!
    We know your views, no need to tell me again
    You don’t know why I signed up nor my expectations.
    Safe to say, I (and others) do not believe we are being conned.

Why do you want this and the club to fail so much?
    It’s a choice, no problems either way.
    You sign up for it or you don’t.
    No need to try and convince people to agree with your own personal choice.
    I don’t see any DNAers trolling to convince non signees to sign up.

Since our lack of transfer action in the strikers department (2 have yet to be replaced to go with the same numbers as last season) maybe we should take a real chance on Bruce Anderson and give him starting slots with the hope he produces a positive impact with the management being confident he can do the business. The lad definitely has something about him and certainly isn’t afraid to go at goal. Our other current 2 are not scoring anyway so no harm done. Plus it doesn’t cost Stewart Milne any more cash and strengthens my DNA con debate...win win!

I think we'll bring in 3 more players easily. DM normally takes a couple in on deadline day or the couple days before then.

1 - He'll get his first pick number 9 - hopefully he gets this one right
    2 - I wouldn't be surprised if we bring back Christie
    3 - A bonus ball additional attacker for cheap loan ala Zack Clough or more realistically someone not as established as him to not compromise budget for 1 and 2 too much
    4 - Young full back on loan possible if we can persaude a club to donate someone for close to **** all but the promise of being involved in 20 games etc

Show me the evidence that I want our club to fail. My debating with you over the last few months are generally because you accept what the club are achieving which I reckon is below what I think we should be doing. I don’t like getting pumped out of cups by Motherwell, not putting a challenge in on Celtic and being negative against Rangers. I don’t trust Milne and I think Derek McInnes has passed his best moments with Aberdeen. I want my club to win trophies and after last season’s abject performances in the vast majority of bigger matches I reckon we underachieved.

It’s not about just your expectations though is it. The way it was marketed and the way things have panned out to date, to an outside observer you have all been sold a pup. Perhaps this is reflected in your constant deflect and deny posts.

It's not a case of DNA contributors being conned it's more a case of the club having no clue as to how to go about the recruitment process even with the extra cash.

On the back of a relatively successful few years in the league, the league cup and Europa, along with a bit of a positive feeling around the club backed up by the DNA uptake Milne should and could have dug a bit deeper this time around given that we lost so many players at the end of the season. We missed out on Moult ages ago for the sake of a hundred odd grand, madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingtalk View Post
    It’s not about just your expectations though is it. The way it was marketed and the way things have panned out to date, to an outside observer you have all been sold a pup. Perhaps this is reflected in your constant deflect and deny posts.
    You’re “new” here, so not sure what you know about in here.
    I don’t deflect and deny, that’s what some “other” posters may infer.
    I add balance debateable discussions.

You may have a differing opinion to mine, that’s fine.
    If you want to debate my views / points, that’s fine too.

You think we have been sold a pup, but with only 3 instalments so far, I’m prepared to be patient and give it an opportunity before dismissing it.

Page 444 of 530 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494 ... LastLast