+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 448 of 530 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Lol, Magennis looked good in league 1 did he?
    We’re onto a winner with Wilson then
    Must have done okay as Bolton signed him to play in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He hasn't scored double figures in his career

Another serious knee injury sufferer too

Id happily eat my words but I can t see it

On his knee injury, apparently

Wilson did not feature for Manchester United's senior team in the 2017–18 season, as he continued to recover from the serious knee injury that he had suffered on loan to Derby.[20] He did, however, feature prominently for the Under-23 side before his loan move to Sheffield United, departing as the side's top goalscorer mid-way through the season.[21]
    If he comes, I’ll give him a chance before dismissing him.
    Seems like Sunderland are interested too.

James Wilson Factfile:

Senior debut: June 2014
    Senior appearances: 61 (in 4 years)
    Senior goals: 11
    Goals in 2017/18: 1
    90 minutes completed in 2017/18: 0
    Goals in 2016/17: 1 (EFL Trophy)
    League Starts for Man Utd: 0

If this is the 20 goal striker we were expecting/hoping for, then it looks like it’s going to be a long season.
    Has done the square root of very little in years.
    And I read an article where at the time of Mourinho taking over one of the Man U coaches criticised him for “sitting around in jacuzzis”....

Read folk on Twitter getting excited by this signing.

I don’t see why on the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Must have done okay as Bolton signed him to play in the championship
    Not before joining us he didn’t.
    Before joining us, he scored 1 goal in the league cup against Bristol Rovers.
    A very late goal as Bristol pushed on to try and get an equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Not before joining us he didn’t.
    Before joining us, he scored 1 goal in the league cup against Bristol Rovers.
    A very late goal as Bristol pushed on to try and get an equaliser.
    Where did I say josh did well for us I said he did well in league 1 to give an indication of the level of that league, regarding quoting Wilson’s goal scoring for the u23 that’s just stipid Derek mackie used to score loads in the reserve league was he a 20 goal a season player ?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    James Wilson Factfile:

Senior debut: June 2014
    Senior appearances: 61 (in 4 years)
    Senior goals: 11
    Goals in 2017/18: 1
    90 minutes completed in 2017/18: 0
    Goals in 2016/17: 1 (EFL Trophy)
    League Starts for Man Utd: 0

If this is the 20 goal striker we were expecting/hoping for, then it looks like it’s going to be a long season.
    Has done the square root of very little in years.
    And I read an article where at the time of Mourinho taking over one of the Man U coaches criticised him for “sitting around in jacuzzis”....

Read folk on Twitter getting excited by this signing.

I don’t see why on the evidence.
    Wake up to this! It's not the answer. The lad is not good enough to make any impact at AFC. I've seen plenty of him on a United shirt and he is very lucky to have a contract there. So yes, I'll dismiss him before he arrives. We're in a world of hurt of this is what the season holds.

We should sell McKenna. That's our only asset. Buy Boyce and Moult. By Jordan from Lillie. A CM from England in the Arfield mould. mulumba may do.

That would transform the team. It's not so hard.

Wilson only stifles Anderson, Wright, Ross and Campbell. He has had his chances and he isn't good enough. I'd rather give our boys there opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Wake up to this! It's not the answer. The lad is not good enough to make any impact at AFC. I've seen plenty of him on a United shirt and he is very lucky to have a contract there. So yes, I'll dismiss him before he arrives. We're in a world of hurt of this is what the season holds.

We should sell McKenna. That's our only asset. Buy Boyce and Moult. By Jordan from Lillie. A CM from England in the Arfield mould. mulumba may do.

That would transform the team. It's not so hard.

Wilson only stifles Anderson, Wright, Ross and Campbell. He has had his chances and he isn't good enough. I'd rather give our boys there opportunity.
    I’ve also heard dafties say “he’s on £30k per week, he must have something”..
    What a load of nonsense that is.

He got given a 4 year contract (about 3 years ago) on the basis of a good few months (about 3 years ago)

All that’s happened since then is he’s had a serious injury & not scored a lot of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Wake up to this!
    Ross, wright and Campbell are different positions.
    Are you suggesting we should not sign a striker and promote our youth?

If we sign this lad on loan I reckon we obviously under agreement will more often than not be made to play the lad...fair enough as a club like Man Utd are not going to have it any other way. But....Bruce Anderson should be starting alongside this lad to keep his confidence and momentum going. It’s St.Mirren next in the cup so Anderson and Wilson duo up front will excite me a bit more than the usual suspects playing the loan striker role.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    If we sign this lad on loan I reckon we obviously under agreement will more often than not be made to play the lad...fair enough as a club like Man Utd are not going to have it any other way. But....Bruce Anderson should be starting alongside this lad to keep his confidence and momentum going. It’s St.Mirren next in the cup so Anderson and Wilson duo up front will excite me a bit more than the usual suspects playing the loan striker role.
    Wilson is in the last year of his contract.
    Man Utd my not insist on a clause if they see no future for him there.

I agree thought, Anderson and Wilson would be an interesting combo.

Page 448 of 530 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498 ... LastLast