+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 450 of 530 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Even if we wanted to sign him we coudnt . He woudnt take such a huge wage drop. His red tv interview he clearly sees this as putting himself in the shop window if he impresses. Hope he is the answer this season.

Now in terms of money avalible surely we have plenty. This will suit Milne down to the ground. Saves money on a transfer fee.

Very disappointed by the signing of James Wilson.
    Not questioning his ability (nor dazzled by his being on United's books).
    But he'll have been loaned with the understanding he'll be a starting pick.
    Which will hurt the development of Bruce Anderson, whose emergence is the one genuine positive of the season thus far.
    The percentage we're paying toward his salary will likely absorb the Rooney transfer fee.
    And at seasons end he'll move on, leaving us (due to our over reliance on loans) with another huge rebuilding job to do next summer.

Well flipping eck that caught me on the hop that one Maybe it is a stop gap as McInnes probably didnt get his 1st 2nd 3rd choice striker fingers crossed he scores loads of goals!

Only concerns I have are....

1) Stevie G may be a tw*t etc etc, but appears to have his finger on the EPL pulse, is after a striker, and appears not to have made a move for this lad.

2) Wilson has been on £30K a week for the last 4 years, but has not done a lot in the game since signing that contract. Will be set up for life already financially, on those wages. Does he still have the desire to get to the top in England?

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Does anyone know if there’s a recall clause in January just in case he hangs them in up here
    Let’s guess your position.....If there is a recall clause , it’ll be yet another example of AFC being useless at transfer deals

And if there isn’t then it must show how rubbish the player must be as Man Yoo aren’t even bothering with a recall clause

That cover your bases for you ?

Suspect Wilson will be followed by one or two more signings.
    Jack of all trade types (no clearly defined position, as they're mediocre wherever they play) on loan or one year deals.
    When the window shuts we're going to be down in both strength & depth on what we were this time last year.
    Which is worrying given last seasons recruitment was poor and this summer has seen Hibs, Hearts & Rangers improve (all of whom are still in the market for players).

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    What about the lad Jordan Jones from Killie, how long a contract does he have left at Rugby Park? might be worth a wee inquiry.
    Just a thought

SF
    It would be great news for Logan if we did sign him !

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Only concerns I have are....

1) Stevie G may be a tw*t etc etc, but appears to have his finger on the EPL pulse, is after a striker, and appears not to have made a move for this lad.

2) Wilson has been on £30K a week for the last 4 years, but has not done a lot in the game since signing that contract. Will be set up for life already financially, on those wages. Does he still have the desire to get to the top in England?
    Fair points.

I’ll add.
    1) his scoring record is not good
    2) he’s had a bad knee injury. (He’s our 4th player who’s suffered a career threatening injury).

I just don’t see him as a 20 goal a season goal scorer that we desperately need.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Very good signing, pacy and a good finisher, hopefully his injury problems are behind him and can get a run of games and bang in a few for us.

A Christie type player now and we should be sorted. Maybe a defender aswell but with Mckenna, Logan and Hoban to come back any new signing will probably not be a starter

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Let’s guess your position.....If there is a recall clause , it’ll be yet another example of AFC being useless at transfer deals

And if there isn’t then it must show how rubbish the player must be as Man Yoo aren’t even bothering with a recall clause

That cover your bases for you ?
    Really only concerned about option 1 as if he’s on £30,000 I’d expect at least 20 by the time the window opens on jan 1st and Man Utd to punt him for a couple million thereby leaving us with no striker or Sam cosgrove which is basically the same thing.

Page 450 of 530 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500 ... LastLast