+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 110 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Are we going to sign anyone that will bring a bit excitement to the club or is it just the usual (take a chance on) type signings from the English lower leagues?

Booooooooooh to boring transfer windows!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Are we going to sign anyone that will bring a bit excitement to the club or is it just the usual (take a chance on) type signings from the English lower leagues?

Take a chance on, type signings from the English lower leagues, is the market that we have utilised for the last 5 years, and in terms of the league, pretty successfully.

That and:-

Players who went from Scotland to England, and bombed
    Players who are over the hill, but can still cut it at our level

Who are you realistically looking for us to sign?

If you go back and read someof those old books we all have on the Dons ( Err, We DO all have them don`t we ?? )

You`ll find that it`s traditioanal for US to sign old has beens from bizarre lower league Englisg Clubs.

and when I mean go back , I`m looking at the 40`s , 50`ds and 60`s. Please don`t ask me who,..............!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    If you go back and read someof those old books we all have on the Dons ( Err, We DO all have them don`t we ?? )

You`ll find that it`s traditioanal for US to sign old has beens from bizarre lower league Englisg Clubs.

and when I mean go back , I`m looking at the 40`s , 50`ds and 60`s. Please don`t ask me who,..............!!
    Aye, right up uuntil the most exciting thing we did on this frot. Signing Charlie Nic from Aresenal.

Feck, that was headline news on BBC one !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Players who will give us a chance of winning trophies would be a great start. These players from Peterborough etc who have done the square root of hee-haw will only be further revolving football nobodies.
    We are meant to be the second best team in Scotland’s top league so let’s try improve on what we are instead of hoping for a Russ Richardson miracle.
    At the moment we are showing very little ambition of trying to improve on what can only be described as a footballing eye bleeding season.
    Who honestly thinks McInnes, Richardson, Milne etc have the ability to better us? Absolutely no chance is my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Take a chance on, type signings from the English lower leagues, is the market that we have utilised for the last 5 years, and in terms of the league, pretty successfully.

That and:-

Players who went from Scotland to England, and bombed
    Players who are over the hill, but can still cut it at our level

Whose the successful signings from lower leagues in England excluding the players who have played up here before obviously Logan and Lewis

. McArdle wasn't such bad player

Just like Ball this year , NOT as. Fullback , but a midfielder was acceptable.

. I really also do not get people who are dissing Rooney. Stop disrespecting a legend
    A good player indeed, however, you must have watched some sh1te to call him a “legend”, that aside, hopefully we kick on this season and bear in mind you can only p1sh with the c0ck you’ve got, our current chairman and other board members will be planted the richest men in their respective cemeteries ......we therefore just have to be realistic regardless who the f@ck our coach(es) are, those are the salient facts.......some can jump up and down, however, outwith sellick “most” fans would be content to be where we are......I’m nae, however, I’m realistic and comprehend why our......”on topic” summer recruitment is based on a model that dictates who we can attract.

SF

Aye, right up uuntil the most exciting thing we did on this frot. Signing Charlie Nic from Aresenal.

Feck, that was headline news on BBC one !!!
    In fairness we did sign David Goodwillie and he was often headline news on BBC one.

In fairness we did sign David Goodwillie and he was often headline news on BBC one.
    How long until Derek has a look at the 3 from charlton

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    How long until Derek has a look at the 3 from charlton
    In fairness to Del only 2 of them are professional football players so I wouldn’t think he would be interested in the third guy. The football pair though will be fair game to him.

Page 110 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast