+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 326 of 530 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I thought Stewart played very well, often playing between the lines and offering himself for balls he quite often didn’t get.
    I think we could have benefited more if he got the ball as he very rarely gave it away.
    The problem is, where to play him.
    Not fast enough for the wings, probably best in the hole, but likely Forrester will be there.
    The team badly needs pace, particularly out wide.
    I reckon I’d beat Stewart in a foot race, & I have a good few years on him.
    We need a “ball carrier” in the Jonny Hayes mound for the right wing

I thought Stewart played very well
    Wow...absolutely astounding that you can come to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Wow...absolutely astounding that you can come to that conclusion.
    Not really.
    Not an unfamiliar comment from you either.

Rico made a positive comment on Stewart yet you pounce on my reply.
    How familiar..........

Not really.
    Not an unfamiliar comment from you either.

Rico made a positive comment on Stewart yet you pounce on my reply.
    How familiar..........
    I really believe Stewart is not professional enough as he was unfit last season.
    He has talent but certainly didn’t show much of it during his time with us.

I thought Stewart played very well, often playing between the lines and offering himself for balls he quite often didn’t get.
    I think we could have benefited more if he got the ball as he very rarely gave it away.
    The problem is, where to play him.
    Not fast enough for the wings, probably best in the hole, but likely Forrester will be there.
    It took him a while to get going but he was coming into a bit of form when he was replaced by Mcginn.
    He was a bit part player after that. Decent enough against the tims in the last game of the season. Think he is a guy who needs to be playing regularly to get the best out of him.

Nobody's excited about Ball coming back, but I, like some others, recognise he's a sensible addition to the squad.

Those who were glad to see the back of Kenny McLean will soon realise how wrong they were about him - he was more important to the team than most folk realise and I really think we'll miss his quality this season.

Stevie May failed to score many goals last season because he was slow, unfit, unconfident and just generally rubbish - it was nothing to do with Kenny McLean not passing to him. If we're going with May as our main striker this season we'd be as well just giving up now. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think he's totally done. All I saw him do last season was run around like a headless chicken and when things didn't go for him throw his arms up in the air and complain to the ref. I'd rather we played Cosgrove up front. But I'd much rather we brought someone new in, which hopefully we will do soon.

Greg Stewart - I'd take him back on the same basis as Ball - not inspiring but if we're struggling to get folk in, he's a sensible signing as he has been here before. I agree with others though, we need pace and that's the one thing Stewart doesn't have. Played in the no10 role he might do a decent job though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The team badly needs pace, particularly out wide.
    I reckon I’d beat Stewart in a foot race, & I have a good few years on him.
    We need a “ball carrier” in the Jonny Hayes mound for the right wing
    Maybe we could ask Usain Bolt if he fancies coming up here for a trial

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Maybe we could ask Usain Bolt if he fancies coming up here for a trial
    Ower caal for him.
    His hamstrings are affa suspect noo

We apparently had a 300k bid accepted by preston for ex-hibs striker eoin doyle but coildnt agree personal terms,not exactly an exciting signing if happened dont remember him being prolific when at hibs

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    We apparently had a 300k bid accepted by preston for ex-hibs striker eoin doyle but coildnt agree personal terms,not exactly an exciting signing if happened dont remember him being prolific when at hibs
    Does our scouting not go past the North West of England???

Page 326 of 530 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast