+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 412 of 530 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Unfortunately, we have two multi millionaires on the board who seem unwilling to put their own money in
    Club reliant on TV money, season ticket money and other commercial handouts etc to fund the club and player recruitment
    I see a scenario developing. We have half a decent playing squad but its not strong or has the depth to cope with injuries
    Lack of funding and inability or desire to help the manger recruit will
    1. Lucky if we finish in the top six
    2. Less prize money in the pot based on league finishing position
    3. Unless we amazingly win a trophy for by sheer luck get in by a back door route we wont quality for Europe , more revenue lost
    4. Home gate money / income decreases and fans walkaway totally dissatisfied with the boards lack of ambition
    5. DM and his background staff jump ship

All this is totally possible if Milne and co don't provide the funding required
    I don't what to see this happen never would, but Milne and co have to wake up this season has started and it could be for us all over in a couple of weeks...... just because we didn't make a couple of decent signings or go just that little bit further when required

STAND FREE
    Good post sir.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Unfortunately, we have two multi millionaires on the board who seem unwilling to put their own money in
    Club reliant on TV money, season ticket money and other commercial handouts etc to fund the club and player recruitment
    I see a scenario developing. We have half a decent playing squad but its not strong or has the depth to cope with injuries
    Lack of funding and inability or desire to help the manger recruit will
    1. Lucky if we finish in the top six
    2. Less prize money in the pot based on league finishing position
    3. Unless we amazingly win a trophy for by sheer luck get in by a back door route we wont quality for Europe , more revenue lost
    4. Home gate money / income decreases and fans walkaway totally dissatisfied with the boards lack of ambition
    5. DM and his background staff jump ship

All this is totally possible if Milne and co don't provide the funding required
    I don't what to see this happen never would, but Milne and co have to wake up this season has started and it could be for us all over in a couple of weeks...... just because we didn't make a couple of decent signings or go just that little bit further when required

STAND FREE
    Yep. Basic economic model for not going bust. Dinna spend more than you earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I can see how it might look like that but we have missed out on a few targets that would have made us stronger. mcGeoch would certainly have been better than Gleeson. But we were in for those players we just didn't get them that's not necessarily the chairman's fault.
    Well i might have been termed as a 'happy clapper' before because i dont slag off mcinnes every week (i criticise him when its due) but i would say its %100 milnes fault for not pushing the boat out that extra 100k to get moult or to spend whitever dna money we have right now,anyone with half a brain watching that game last sunday must know we need to spend money on a goalscorer ffs

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    What ****ing *******s. So somebody who wants to generate as much money from DNA wants it to fail in year one ? Think about the basic economics of that statement.
    I have been consistent in my disgust of this board, but to say they want a long term idea to fail in year one is plain daft.
    I have consistently said that I am a fan of DNA and what it is trying to achieve (other than the loyalty points aspect) and continue to be willing to suspend my cynicism until we see where we stand at the end of August. However if we don't get the two first team players and one squad player (to match last years budget) plus get the benefit of £480K of DNA money (either through transfer fees, extra wages or contract renewals for the likes of Shinnie) then regardless of whether it is intentional or not the long term idea will most certainly fail as people are not daft and it will be self evident if the DNA money has not enhanced the first team squad as it should have.

None of this of course excuses the pitiful state of our squad three games into the season

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Well i might have been termed as a 'happy clapper' before because i dont slag off mcinnes every week (i criticise him when its due) but i would say its %100 milnes fault for not pushing the boat out that extra 100k to get moult or to spend whitever dna money we have right now,anyone with half a brain watching that game last sunday must know we need to spend money on a goalscorer ffs
    Mount was never got going to sign for us. He knew there was interest from the championship. Just because we could have afforded another 100 k to give Motherwell is irrelevant when you compare the wages on offer at Preston compared to us. Definitely not Milnes fault.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    What ****ing *******s. So somebody who wants to generate as much money from DNA wants it to fail in year one ? Think about the basic economics of that statement.
    I have been consistent in my disgust of this board, but to say they want a long term idea to fail in year one is plain daft.
    You will not know what happens with your DNA money because they will give out as little information as possible. Do you imagine the club signing a player and saying we could only bring in this player because of the fantastic funds generated by the DNA contributions?...absolutely no way. If the contributions are mentioned it will be a half @rsed attempt to tell us all about running costs and how the cash is keeping us more efficient doing certain things. The money is going into helping Milne with his more pressing issues of producing a training facility and stadium. Get back to me after the transfer window if you don’t believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Mount was never got going to sign for us. He knew there was interest from the championship. Just because we could have afforded another 100 k to give Motherwell is irrelevant when you compare the wages on offer at Preston compared to us. Definitely not Milnes fault.
    There was no interest from the championship last Summer when we bid for him. Preston only came in for him after what was a very good six months playing for Motherwell including playing a huge part in knocking us out of the League Cup. It was penny pinching and it did cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I don't agree with everything red John says but spot on 're DNA! It's a con most certainly, milne wants to generate as much money as possible for the new stadium and this scam will help! He's a skin flint prick only interested in his bank balance
    *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You will not know what happens with your DNA money because they will give out as little information as possible. Do you imagine the club signing a player and saying we could only bring in this player because of the fantastic funds generated by the DNA contributions?...absolutely no way. If the contributions are mentioned it will be a half @rsed attempt to tell us all about running costs and how the cash is keeping us more efficient doing certain things. The money is going into helping Milne with his more pressing issues of producing a training facility and stadium. Get back to me after the transfer window if you don’t believe me.
    You may be right and we will all have a clearer picture in three weeks time and whilst we will not know to the exact penny I think it will be broadly clear whether we are spending nearly half a million more on the squad this year than last year regardless of what information is or is not given out. Remember if there is doubt and scepticism it will for sure significantly reduce future years DNA money, which is in nobody's interest

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    That is the biggest load of cr@p ever written. What you are trying to imply is that you are a top Don. What a blow heart. You can be a fan/supporter and not contribute to the DNA con. I never question anyone on this board about how much they really support Aberdeen so give us all peace with your top Don nonsense.
    You question everyone who contributes to the club, you slate everyone who remains positive to Aberdeen to further your own downtrodden view of Aberdeen.

As I've said it's your prerogative, but don't then spit the dummy when someone (rightly so) questions your loyalty given your constant whining, moaning and negativity.

Page 412 of 530 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast