+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 375 of 530 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    On him. 26 and still being punted on loan. 14 times and counting. Weird career path
    Still another two years on the Chelsea contract. Brum missed a trick there - can’t imagine Chelski are difficult to negotiate wage contributions when sending out their hundreds of loans each window. Twenty one out already this window.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Jeezo, I’d love to have to negotiate with a bunch of you on here at my work based on some of the stuff I’m seeing 🤨

We hold ALL the cards re McKenna - every single one - the lad himself isn’t even looking for a move and I doubt sh’ite like Swansea will turn his head much.

Yes it was a B squad in Mexico and Peru, but I guarantee McKenna is Scotland first choice CH now and will be for the next qualifiers and beyond.

Kyle Bartley just moved for £7m. Remember him at the Huns - absolute dogsh’ite.

Nobody is telling me he’s better than McKenna right now - not a fu’ckin chance.

He’s just turned in a great performance vs Burnley. Another tomorrow and we can just keep adding to the fee.

Our biggest problem is if Milne also has the inferiority complex being ably demonstrated on here. He’s hoping not.

£8-£10m absolute minimum plus 20% sell on or he stays. As I said before, the worst that happens is we keep the best young CH in Scotland.
    Yes, we don't need to sell him... but we have to decide whether the price we get offered is good business, given that a players value can drop very rapidly if he has a bad season or gets seriously injured next week. I would guess he'll have a good season, but who knows in football.
    If we get offered £5m we have to decide whether it's likely someone will come in with an offer of £7, 8, 10m at the end of the season, or if it's more likely that come the end of the season he'll be worth £1 or 2m.

I would also say if Swansea offer him £15K a week or more, it will turn his head, however sensible, likeable and committed the young guy is. No idea what he's on just now but doubt it'll be more than £3k. That's a difference of over £600K a year. The guy will be a millionaire within a couple of years down there and if it all goes wrong he'll know there's the fall back option of coming home to Aberdeen in 2-3 years time. He's got nothing to lose and everything to gain from going south.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Well I’m glad you’re not negotiating any deal on behalf of the club! Ach well we’re just a sh*te wee club in a backwater league, I guess we’ll accept £3m..no?...£2m? Please?

I don’t understand why our inability to produce players that other clubs want for the past 20 years has anything to do with how much we receive for McKenna. Hibs and Hearts have received bigger transfer fees during that time do it can be done.

If it is £2-3m I reckon we’re better holding on to him for another season.
    Well Ragnarok, you've used the quote functionality to signal your intent that you were going to reply to my musings and then had the temerity to furnish what I said with what you thought I said...at no point did I say or suggest that we're "a sh*te wee club in a backwater league"

I used previous transfer dealings of over a million pounds (Archibald and Jess although I should've also included Hayes and Bernard) to highlight our board's limited experience of dealing in substantial fees unlike, as you rightly mention, Hibs (dare I also add the Jutes). Therefore, like everybody else, I've got no idea how the glorified joiner is going to react when a club gradually tests his resolve, and his claim that he ain't selling for anything less than £10 million...

I can agree with being glad that it's not me doing the negotiating though...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Well Ragnarok, you've used the quote functionality to signal your intent that you were going to reply to my musings and then had the temerity to furnish what I said with what you thought I said...at no point did I say or suggest that we're "a sh*te wee club in a backwater league"

I used previous transfer dealings of over a million pounds (Archibald and Jess although I should've also included Hayes and Bernard) to highlight our board's limited experience of dealing in substantial fees unlike, as you rightly mention, Hibs (dare I also add the Jutes). Therefore, like everybody else, I've got no idea how the glorified joiner is going to react when a club gradually tests his resolve, and his claim that he ain't selling for anything less than £10 million...

Bog Brush - best username I've seen on here.

Was just pulling your pisher.

We’re not under any pressure to sell so it’s perfectly reasonable for the club to hold out for silly money. Whether or not £10million is realistic it wouldn’t even make the top 50 ridiculous transfer fees paid in recent years.

The £10milliom being bandied around simply reflects that. Unless there’s more serious interest I expect McKenna to still be here next season. The risk is that he goes backwards and we lose the opportunity to cash in but after the Burnley game I’m confident he’s going to have a great season and given Scotland’s dearth of options at centre half he should have some more caps under his belt by this time next summer.

A glorified joiner who has done rather well for himself. We bought Bernard for about 800k think we sold him for the square foot of feck all

More firepower definitely required for Sundays match against them from Ibrox.
    Dodgy Del hinting a player might be signed before this match....can't wait to see who we have lined up.

Cue rumours regarding Deek being spotted buyin' Dazzer Mackie a steak bake in Greggs.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Cue rumours regarding Deek being spotted buyin' Dazzer Mackie a steak bake in Greggs.
    Just the one?

If it was just one steak bake I'd suggest he has already eaten 6 pies, 2 sausage rolls, 4 baguettes and the said steak bake was just an appetizer prior to hitting the pink jammies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    A glorified joiner who has done rather well for himself. We bought Bernard for about 800k think we sold him for the square foot of feck all
    Did we only pay 800k for Bernard? I always thought it was over a million...just to clarify there's no doubt Milne has done well in business, nor am I having a go at joiners..however, imo, is stewardship of the Dons has been poor and I don't trust him with big decisions, such as the stadium move & negotiating a good deal for McKenna

I'm going to stop saying "glorified joiner" as it makes me sound a right w@nk...

Page 375 of 530 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast