+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 198 of 530 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah I totally understand that and I’m not wanting us to buy a player for 600k just for the sake of it.

But if I was one of the people who have joined the Aberdna thing I would be a bit disappointed with signing a few free transfers so far.

As rst said a signing that cost 600k would be a good statement from the club,it might even persuade a few more people to sign up for the Aberdna thing next year.
    I understand totally what you are saying, but instead of a transfer fee the Dna monies could also be spent on a decent signing on fee and wages for a player who would normally be outwith our wages structure.

Comes down to trust I suppose. Do we trust the people in charge at the club with spending 500k+ on players? I must admit as good as it feels to be in a better financial position and able to splash out a bit more on transfers it does sometimes give me a hint of the fear.

Saying that, this boy from Doncaster seems to be a quality signing if we can manage it. Looks like he's just out of our price range though.

I'd be happy enough if a percentage of the DNA money was invested in some new shirts for Stewart Milne that were any colour but black.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Comes down to trust I suppose. Do we trust the people in charge at the club with spending 500k+ on players?

I'd be happy enough if a percentage of the DNA money was invested in some new shirts for Stewart Milne that were any colour but black.
    We have no choice but to trust them.

I would prefer Stewart Milne matching the raised DNA money out of his own pocket as a goodwill gesture...he owes the fans for the poor way he ran the club for years. I would be enticed to give the club money if Milne was to do this.

@Red Star Torphins

At the Q&A tonight with DM, Doc and Shinnie, DM said to only expect TWO more signings

Plus maybe a loan or two

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    @Red Star Torphins

At the Q&A tonight with DM, Doc and Shinnie, DM said to only expect TWO more signings

Plus maybe a loan or two
    Aye. A defender & a striker.
    A couple of loans (no idea positions, one a wide player I’d think) & 1 other maybe at end of window.

4-5 signings sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    4-5 signings sounds about right
    I’ll say 4 in.

Permanent striker
    Permanent defender
    Loan winger
    Loan utility defender

Maybe a couple out permanently or loan.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We have no choice but to trust them.

I would prefer Stewart Milne matching the raised DNA money out of his own pocket as a goodwill gesture...he owes the fans for the poor way he ran the club for years. I would be enticed to give the club money if Milne was to do this.
    I always thought that some sort of Milne matching would be a great way to promote DNA. He should have committed to this upfront. Still not to late though Stuartie, if you're looking in and enjoying the posts!

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I always thought that some sort of Milne matching would be a great way to promote DNA. He should have committed to this upfront. Still not to late though Stuartie, if you're looking in and enjoying the posts!
    Absolutely no chance of him doing this. It would have never crossed his mind unfortunately.

Sounds like Stephen Gleeson might be out for a wee while?
    Injured his knee today & DM said in his interview (I think?) “it’s not great”.

Cosgrove also off injured & one or two nursing injuries.

Forrester missed the game with an injured groin too.

Will be a few young ones playing Wednesday maybe.

Highlights the lightness of the squad & needs addressed.

Page 198 of 530 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast