+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Is Burglar Bill entitled to a shrine?

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    My Grandad was attacked by someone in his own home which was prominent in the media at the time. He overcame the intruder with fists plus kicks & tied him to a chair with a rope until the Police came.
    Where was he Basie, Rourke's drift?

My Grandad was attacked by someone in his own home which was prominent in the media at the time. He overcame the intruder with fists plus kicks & tied him to a chair with a rope until the Police came.
    If that happened today, Tory policing cuts would mean he'd be tied to the chair for two days!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If that happened today, Tory policing cuts would mean he'd be tied to the chair for two days!
    You would need to ensure the rope is strong & stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Where was he Basie, Rourke's drift?
    When it happened he was 65 & the assailant 35. He did not order his life as though that sort of thing happened every day & didn't as you probably do arm himself, have dogs & turn his house into a fortress. At first he made sure that his wife & two visiting daughters were out of the way ,tried to negotiate & then only resorted to violence when he had to with any means at his disposal. Shortly afterwards he contracted angina although it was never sure that was a result of his exertions. Thankfully he lived until he was well into his eighties.

When it happened he was 65 & the assailant 35. He did not order his life as though that sort of thing happened every day & didn't as you probably do arm himself, have dogs & turn his house into a fortress. At first he made sure that his wife & two visiting daughters were out of the way ,tried to negotiate & then only resorted to violence when he had to with any means at his disposal. Shortly afterwards he contracted angina although it was never sure that was a result of his exertions. Thankfully he lived until he was well into his eighties.
    1. He did a rescue run first
    2. he did a Kofi Annan, negotiated/came up with sanctions
    3. Decided a tactical team was the only way, so disarmed the assailants.
    4. Rendered him inert and restrained in a comfortable position
    5. Sent for the justice department.

I call total bollox. You made it up didn't you Basie, or saw it in a film?

Is there a remake, like Assault on Care home 13?

I would go and remove them, and evertime anything was placed there

Just what I'd expect from you a violent phantasist who hates everything who's courage has never been tested. It is perfectly true - he just told them to get in the bedroom - no time for tactics ,just wits. - took 20 twenty minutes of struggle before he cried for mercy - then the rope & calling the Police. Vacinity - Sea Lane Ingoldmells - 1954ish.

As a slight segue.....US schoolteachers are to be issued with 16 inch baseball bats to deter shooters armed with assault rifles and defend schoolkids from being massacred.....problem solved then....the National Gun Lobby can now continue to make billions in profits without risk of further damage to the bottom line.

Baseball bats, wtf.....I assume this is not a delayed April Fools joke by the BBC?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43724886

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    It's a no from me. The family have the right to grieve and mourn the loss but not in the face of the family and community that he had chosen to victimise. They should lament the life and death of their family member in their own private way. There will be very little public sympathy for him and the act of setting up any sort of shrine in the face of his victims is only going to be seen as provocative. The innocent victims do not need a reminder of the crimes committed against them and the subsequent danger that they faced. They will have their own emotional trauma to deal with.
    The owner of the fence just needs to report criminal damage to the Police and they would spring into action.........................hahahaha hahahaha.
    Just like they did when Big Chief Diddicoy issued a thinly -veiled threat to Mr Osbourn-Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    I would go and remove them, and evertime anything was placed there
    I've just listened to the 4am news and there's been a statement released by the police.

Did they ask the travellers to stop placing flowers as it is intimidating the residents and could lead to confrontation?

Or

Warn the public to stop removing them?

Have a guess.

Go on....................

Get ready for a shrine larger than Princess Diana's.
    Pray For Pie Key.

There will be commemorative gold roof tiles made and will be available for sale to OAPs at a reasonable cost of 10 grand each - or your life savings if the 'whole roof' needs doing.
    It's what Henry would have wanted.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast