+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick young. Your boys took one hell of a beating 😆

Chick young. Your boys took one hell of a beating 😆

Chick Young, Jack Ross, Paulo Nutini, Lewis Morgan. Chick young 😆 your boys took one helluva beating 😆

Great spirit from the players tonight. Could see intent to win it was there

Whole team played well. Durnan and Mohsni excellent. Stanton, Flood, Gillespie all good. All over the park we played well. Got to say Mikkelsen makes huge difference too without him we wouldn’t be able to put in that kind of performance

Still things to improve. Why so late with subs when we were knackered! Still no outball on corners!

Overall though well done united. Bringing a bit of pride back. Long may it continue. Let’s bring that spirit into the play offs.

COME ON UNITED!

UNLUCKY CHICK, BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

Well done lads, the passion was there at last! Looked like it mattered to you. Mehmet a big difference in goal compared to the Harry of late.

Credit where it's due. Much more like it tonight!

They must have put in about 50 corners/crosses or long throws into the box last 30 mins and Mohsni got his head to every one of them I think

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    They must have put in about 50 corners/crosses or long throws into the box last 30 mins and Mohsni got his head to every one of them I think
    And Hoppity was on the field on each and every throw.

But, yes the fight we saw is all thats been asked.

Genuinely stunned by the result tonight. After losing 3 goals to Dumbarton to then score after 2 minutes and keep out the best team in the division and deservedly win
    Relieved that the players actually grew a pair for 90 minutes and spared our fans the indignity of witnessing St Mirren win the 2nd tier league at our own ground. It would have been talked about for many years to come.
    The question is though, is this the turning point? Or do we go back to utter dross and let Falkirk tickle our bellies on Saturday?
    Know what I'd bet on but let's see.

Good turn out of away fans too. Chi-ching.
    All turning out to see their team win the league. Not.

I would just like to thank our players for standing up and being counted last night. They showed a hard working determination that's been sadly lacking this season but were well worth the win. The 10 passes that resulted in the goal was worth the admission alone, but across the park the team fought and battled to stop Saint Mirren getting back into the game.

Not on our shift Chico - unlucky

It was a workman like performance but not brilliant and albeit St Mirren were better overall in terms of ATTACKING, they are not great, which is even more annoying, that even with 2 of our better players missing long term they couldn't get past us. The Ref giving them everything when they fell over every time a United player got close. His St Mirren win bonus now down the pan, I was waiting for the last minute penalty to come!

As in recent seasons we need to learn to finish our chances, to kill games off. For me Gillespie was one of the better performers, with Moshni and a busy Flood also worth a mention. Mehmet looked assured.

Otherwise glad of the win and hopefully we move on, no games should hold any fear after all we have just beaten the champions elect, who are actually p*ss poor in reality, but we handed the league on a plate to them. Chick Young must have been greetin' his we Hun face off!

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    It was a workman like performance but not brilliant and albeit St Mirren were better overall in terms of ATTACKING, they are not great, which is even more annoying, that even with 2 of our better players missing long term they couldn't get past us. The Ref giving them everything when they fell over every time a United player got close. His St Mirren win bonus now down the pan, I was waiting for the last minute penalty to come!

As in recent seasons we need to learn to finish our chances, to kill games off. For me Gillespie was one of the better performers, with Moshni and a busy Flood also worth a mention. Mehmet looked assured.

Otherwise glad of the win and hopefully we move on, no games should hold any fear after all we have just beaten the champions elect, who are actually p*ss poor in reality, but we handed the league on a plate to them. Chick Young must have been greetin' his we Hun face off!
    That's the thing isn't it? St Mirren are rank rotten yet they're going to end up with a higher points total than Hibs managed last season. So what does that say about us?

What I would say is that we did a St Mirren on them last night as all season they seem to have been scraping games by the odd goal (up to and including bottom team Brechin on Saturday I may add) by basically doing what we did last night. Essentially by working hard as phuck, which coincidentally stops you leaking goals and subsequently being hard to beat. I'm struggling to think of them properly gubbing anybody this season, yet they're the ones going up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)