+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: View From Boro

View From Boro

Cheers Roy. Itks always interesting to read how opposition fans see the game.

Most pretty fair. As usual one or two looking for excuses. I expect that had we been them (if you see what I mean) the comments would have been very similar - except the one about the sub costing more than our entire team!

I thought it was a bit rich them saying the ref was a homer !!.

Thought they were extremely fortunate to only have the one red card, countless cynical challenges went unpunished, I repeat, all you ask for in a ref is that he is even handed, last night he wasn't,not that I want to see players red carded, but if you play that sort of game, don't whinge when the punishment comes....

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post

Thought they were extremely fortunate to only have the one red card, countless cynical challenges went unpunished, I repeat, all you ask for in a ref is that he is even handed, last night he wasn't,not that I want to see players red carded, but if you play that sort of game, don't whinge when the punishment comes....
    true although he did save Clarke who went to confront their centre back after we scored our second .....and he got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post

Did ya see what happened when Leon went darn Redders? My son reckoned Ayala chinned him.I was told last neet that Gibson is on 50 grand(plus)a week,Wowzer.UTCB

Mostly reasonable I thought the ref spent quite a chunk of the game looking to even it up so relieved when we got off with 11 still on the pitch the red wasn't harsh as it was a definate yellow (note to boro fans 2 yellows make a red) . They sound a bit like us TBF and just as frustrated so they should be cos the poster was right their sub did cost more than our team which just proves spunkin money doesn't guarantee success. Be interesting to read walls comments and see how bullish they are,they should be as they're the form team in the league along with Fulham (how good was it to see them knock Colin out of the autos )