+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Why we are not very good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    He walked up the stand normally,no aids whatsoever.UTCB
    Anyone want to tap that into an open goal..?

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Are you an idiot?

Wilder has made plenty of crap decisions this season both team selections,substitutions and a number of performances and results prove it.
    He would appear to have made a rick with Holmes as well. Pursuing a player for months,knowing him well and then never playing him smacks of f u c k up.
    If you think its disgraceful to have an opinion that isnt based on having your tongue up Wilders ring you havent got a brain. I might not have played football at a level Wilder has,but I've watched it as much and for as long as he has so forgive me for having the temerity to having an opinion of my own rather than blind f u ck witted sheep like clapping.
    My OP was based on what I watched last night. Maybe you're the one full of Magnet to think Im wrong!
    At the start of the season we would all have been happy with mid-table and consolidation. We are 3 points off the playoffs having just beaten one of the favourites for auto-promotion, who have invested heavily in their team.
    Wilder on the other hand is shopping in Poundland.

About the only thing i agree with you about is the signing of Ricky Holmes, this has not worked although none of us know the real story.

I just don't get that even after a hard fought win and at a time when all of us need to be backing the team you are so negative.

Sometimes i enjoy reading what you write and it is interesting but there are times when your way of communicating really lets you down.

I finish by asking you to remember the pain of our time in League 1 and how as a club we were slowly sinking into the quicksand and on a road to nowhere.

Wilder and Knill have given us hope and a club to be proud of for the first time in years.

Whilst I might not phrase it in the same way as SBT did in the OP I have emmpathy with what he was saying.

We have made excellent progress and that is no mean feat and we are all grateful for that but that is not to say, and, moreover, blindly accept, that there haven't been mistakes.

I am sure CW is, and has been seen to be,critical of some performance (Hull for example) and rightly so. Similarly, and whilst delighted with progress, it does not mean that fans cannot criticise either.

Yu rightly say that, at the beginning of the season, we would have been more than happy with mid table but, to a degree, CW is a victim of his own success.

He raised the bar with the magnificent start, he also raised exectations and now, looking back at recent results ( not performances) those expectations and raised hopes are teetering on the brink when, with a bit more clinical finishing we could be 7 or so points better off ( B/ford, Cardiff,Barrnsley) and nailed on for the play offs.

Those lapses give SBT, and others that want to, the right, and the reasons,to be critical.

Sorry TT, but I think we (the majority) are being accused of being 'clapping sheep' (sic). who can't tell what is and what isn't good about our club, and its performance. The OP is way over the top as well as being inaccurate.

I think we have all seen enough football to form a cogent opinion of what we are seeing, and there is a consensus of CW's performance in which we can acknowledge the good stuff AND the bad stuff, but don't feel the need to assassinate the guy when we have come such a long way in two seasons, and still have everything to play for.

Its typical SBT that he defends the right to hold an opinion, and then attacks and abuses anyone who doesn't agree with his. I don't really see this as a different opinion, rather a pathetic attempt by a small angry man to grab some attention, then bully anyone who doesn't fall into line. I can see no other reason for it.

And before you ask, no, I don't give a feck what you think of me...

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Whilst I might not phrase it in the same way as SBT did in the OP I have emmpathy with what he was saying.

We have made excellent progress and that is no mean feat and we are all grateful for that but that is not to say, and, moreover, blindly accept, that there haven't been mistakes.

I am sure CW is, and has been seen to be,critical of some performance (Hull for example) and rightly so. Similarly, and whilst delighted with progress, it does not mean that fans cannot criticise either.

Yu rightly say that, at the beginning of the season, we would have been more than happy with mid table but, to a degree, CW is a victim of his own success.

He raised the bar with the magnificent start, he also raised exectations and now, looking back at recent results ( not performances) those expectations and raised hopes are teetering on the brink when, with a bit more clinical finishing we could be 7 or so points better off ( B/ford, Cardiff,Barrnsley) and nailed on for the play offs.

Those lapses give SBT, and others that want to, the right, and the reasons,to be critical.
    it’s funny, it is not always what you say but how you say it. A lot of what you write makes sense. However most of the issues would have been resolved with some reasonable investment (nothing stupid) and I still think that is where any critism should be directed (McCabe and the Prince).

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Sorry TT, but I think we (the majority) are being accused of being 'clapping sheep' (sic). who can't tell what is and what isn't good about our club, and its performance. The OP is way over the top as well as being inaccurate.

I think we have all seen enough football to form a cogent opinion of what we are seeing, and there is a consensus of CW's performance in which we can acknowledge the good stuff AND the bad stuff, but don't feel the need to assassinate the guy when we have come such a long way in two seasons, and still have everything to play for.

Its typical SBT that he defends the right to hold an opinion, and then attacks and abuses anyone who doesn't agree with his. I don't really see this as a different opinion, rather a pathetic attempt by a small angry man to grab some attention, then bully anyone who doesn't fall into line. I can see no other reason for it.

I did say I wouldn't have phrased it that way!

SBT does have a certain way of putting things, and responding to comments, and much was extreme but I felt the gist i.e why is no criticism allowed under any circumstances?. had some relevance to SOME posters.

There seems to be 2 distinct groups ( and not just on here). One group does not allow any criticism of any kind about anything CW or SUFC related whilst the other ( the majority on here) take a more balanced and reasonable view.

As SBT was extreme so are many of the 1st group, polar opposites that become entrenched in their views and intolerant of anything that differs.

As for what I think of you, I'm not sure why you put that into your response or it's relevance.

BFL You will not find me disagreeing about the culpabilty, and responsibility, of the board in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

You really take the biscuit.
    You are the most insufferable pompous idiot ever to post on this forum. You are so far up your self its untrue. Your postngs are pompous,patronising and oh so superior when in point of fact you don't ever post from the heart.
    As you say to TT you don't give a flying what his opinion of you is neither do I yours about me. I would be annoyed if yopu agreed with me.
    Im not small and my anger is about cretins like you who accept and justify second and third rate crap.
    Its idiots like you that have kept MY club down for so long with your pathetic pseudo bollox lines about being grateful for scraps and I know nothing and leave it to the experts.
    Well the experts are largely f u c kwits,and you are the biggest f u ckwit of the lot. God help your poor wife and god help any kids youve found the time to produce in between telling everyone whos stupid enough to listen what a clever trevor you are.
    Plantpot.

We're on the march wi WILDER'S army.Of course the MESSIAH's med mistakes but i don't think this season warrants the hammer some BLADES are givin it,i think some think of me as a clapper but i like to think i have a go when it's neccessary and not just after we've won a very important game.Yes we miss chances and misplace passes but all teams do and as for blamin such as pops views for keepin our club in't doldrums well i disagree Sean.Folk are entitled to their views whether they're different to yours or not mi thinks but hey i still like thi mi owd pal. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post

As for what I think of you, I'm not sure why you put that into your response or it's relevance.
    That bit wasn't for you TT,

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    We're on the march wi WILDER'S army.Of course the MESSIAH's med mistakes but i don't think this season warrants the hammer some BLADES are givin it,i think some think of me as a clapper but i like to think i have a go when it's neccessary and not just after we've won a very important game.Yes we miss chances and misplace passes but all teams do and as for blamin such as pops views for keepin our club in't doldrums well i disagree Sean.Folk are entitled to their views whether they're different to yours or not mi thinks but hey i still like thi mi owd pal. UTCB

Blaming me, or folks like me for our clubs position is ridiculous. I support the club like you Rod in good times and bad. I can be very critical where I think its needed, but I won't be falling in line and smashing the manager, just after we just won an important game, at the end of a second very good season. I don't need to be told how to think, and I don't need to be told that I'm an idiot, or a sheep, or a brown-nose and bullied into savaging the best manager we've had in a generation over the bits he hasn't done well, when he's got so much right. It is just absurd in the extreme.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast