+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we are not very good anymore.

Why we are not very good anymore.

Tonight we stumbled to a 2-1 win.
    Instead of going in at least 3-0 at HT against 10 men we bottled it 2nd half and looked like the team i player light.

Clarke has forgotten how to score.
    Lundstrum and Evans are not compatible.
    Our back 3 are slower to run out with the ball than corpses.
    The floated 8 mile pass diagonally is easier to read than a Janet and John book.
    Our midfield haven't got a tackle in them bar Fleck.
    Our midfield take 80% of passes facing the wrong way and pass the ball sideways or back to the bloke who just gave it to him.
    When we attack we get to the final third and develop collective Alzheimers.
    Brooks needs to learn how to stand up and not give the ball away 8 out of 10 times.
    Every player needs sending on a communication course to learn how to shout "Man On" to prevent their team mate from being crunched.
    Every player needs to attend another course on "How not to make every ball a Hospital pass".
    Every player needs to attend basic training courses in "How not to make every second touch a tackle".
    It would help if any player realised how to beat the first man when crossing a ball.
    It would help if the manager explained what formation he wanted the team to play when taking off Jake Wright. I'm sure 11-0 wan't it.

Crazily we are still in touching distance of the top 6 but if we play against Millwall the way we performed OVER 90 MINUTES against a team who haven't won against a top 8 side home or away we will get f u c k ing mullered.

Sort it Wilder!!! I would hate us to miss a play off place by just being crap and frankly we should be safe in the top 6 but for s h i t performances at Barnsley,Ipswich and at home against the Pigs and pathetic switch offs against Cardiff and Villa. Half a dozen points that would have us safe in a play off spot.
    I'm not interested in how well we did until the end of 2017. It's not how you start it's how you finish.
    A boxer can be a mile ahead on points going into round 12. Means f u c k all if the sloppy c u nt gets knocked out in the last round.
    And that looks like being us this season.

The teams coming down from the Prem are WAY better than those that have been around this year plus put diamonds on the pigs being up there. This should have been our year. Maybe still could be but I doubt it.

Wilder needs a season or two running the U9 Girls, THEN he'd know how to be a proper manager...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Instead of going in at least 3-0 at HT against 10 men we bottled it 2nd half and looked like the team i player light.

The floated 8 mile pass diagonally is easier to read than a Janet and John book.
    Our midfield take 80% of passes facing the wrong way and pass the ball sideways or back to the bloke who just gave it to him.
    Brooks needs to learn how to stand up and not give the ball away 8 out of 10 times.
    Every player needs sending on a communication course to learn how to shout "Man On" to prevent their team mate from being crunched.
    Every player needs to attend another course on "How not to make every ball a Hospital pass".
    Every player needs to attend basic training courses in "How not to make every second touch a tackle".
    It would help if any player realised how to beat the first man when crossing a ball.
    It would help if the manager explained what formation he wanted the team to play when taking off Jake Wright. I'm sure 11-0 wan't it.

Crazily we are still in touching distance of the top 6 but if we play against Millwall the way we performed OVER 90 MINUTES against a team who haven't won against a top 8 side home or away we will get f u c k ing mullered.

Sort it Wilder!!! I would hate us to miss a play off place by just being crap and frankly we should be safe in the top 6 but for s h i t performances at Barnsley,Ipswich and at home against the Pigs and pathetic switch offs against Cardiff and Villa. Half a dozen points that would have us safe in a play off spot.
    I'm not interested in how well we did until the end of 2017. It's not how you start it's how you finish.
    A boxer can be a mile ahead on points going into round 12. Means f u c k all if the sloppy c u nt gets knocked out in the last round.

The teams coming down from the Prem are WAY better than those that have been around this year plus put diamonds on the pigs being up there. This should have been our year. Maybe still could be but I doubt it.
    Didn't Leon score in our previous 2 games Beany? Any comment on the 2 magnificent goals we scored? Or How BROOKSY put their defender on his aris prior to our 2nd goal? We have a midfielder scorin twice so i spose some fans have to find summat else to moan abart. Yes we made hard work of it but apart from Howson's effort that went just wide how many other times did they actually look like scorin? Enjoy the season mate,cos i have to say alot of your predictions have been wrong ie;The pigs would slaughter us if they sacked Carlosser,Leonard,Holmes would be the bees knees,they aint bin so far but i won't write em off yet,but hey we're all entitled to our views but i think ya may just be doin a bit wummin.Pops expect a rather stern reply to your comment mi owd. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Pops expect a rather stern reply to your comment mi owd. UTCB
    I know its only a bit of raw emotion coming out (mixed with a few jars, I guess), but you'd think we'd lost and were two points of relegation after that level of criticism.

I'll leave the footy managing to CW, if thats okay. I don't think I could do any better.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I know its only a bit of raw emotion coming out (mixed with a few jars, I guess), but you'd think we'd lost and were two points of relegation after that level of criticism.

I'll leave the footy managing to CW, if thats okay. I don't think I could do any better.
    The MESSIAH took Jake off cos we had 3 defenders markin their one striker,sound management as far as i can see,it aint the managers fault when players stop doin what they'd been doin very well in't first half.By the way i like Sean i've met him several times and he's good company.Jamal back on Satdi mi thinks,i hope Dicky Stearman's ok to play as well. UTCB

FFS get a life you negative bore.

We're a decent side who combine a hard pressing game with the ability to pass the ball around. That's how weve managed to stop teams playing and then gone on to beat them and that's what happened in the first half last night.
    The problem, though, is that when teams press us hard we don't cope very well with it either. We have players who can pass and move but not at speed so when we're pressed we struggle. Dingles and last nights second half is the proof of that, plus other examples.
    But that's the real issue here, we're a decent side. We've got no world beaters, no superstars, just a team of decent players who work hard and play as a unit and that's what has got us where we are.
    Truth is we missed yet another sitter last night (Clarke) that would've sent us in 3-0 up and Boro would've spent the second half on damage limitation and we'd all be talking about a great win (it still was a great win incidentally).
    Look at the chances missed against Brentford, Cardiff and Dingles. I'm ot talking about the odd chance I'm talking about glaring 1 v 1 or chances with the goal at the players mercy. Chances that other teams in the top 10 have players who will put them away more often than not.
    4 games left, 3 points outside the play-offs and 2 of the teams above us still to play, i'dhave taken that in August.

Summed up well there johnny can't disagree with any of that

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post

I could have wrote that missen,Mr Bean.

I remember Bomber Graham doing just that in a title fight,iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Wilder needs a season or two running the U9 Girls, THEN he'd know how to be a proper manager...
    Whereas you have a lifetime of being the world champion pompous ****.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast