+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we are not very good anymore.

Well, we've got an exciting three weeks ahead, maybe a few more to keep our minds off it. If we do go up then recruitment is a different ball game. I expect CW will be doing his 'what-ifs?' already.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    The fact that so much money has been paid by Championship clubs for flops and poor performers (many have spent £5m plus on individual players, some £10m plus and wages of £35k plus) says to me that trying to run recruitment on the 'chuck munneh at it' basis, just isn't smart enough. CW has his evaluation system and it works pretty well, maybe we just don't need to spend many millions on individual players. Its a busted flush.

Its probably just as well as until the ownership question is settled, (and I don't see that being settled until we know which league we will be in...), there isn't going to be the £10m-20m that some imagine. My guess (and I could be wrong..but if we are still Championship) is that CW will want to hold on to Brooks, and that he'll have £5m to spend. I get that neither partner will want to chuck munneh in that they wont see if they sell up, but on the other hand, they both want to own the club, so I can't see them crippling us either. I do feel a bit un-certain of CW's British only policy, as I just don't see enough good British players in the price bracket we want to spend in.
    I agree FKB - I think its a big flaw to ignore 80% + of your potential workforce and really don't understand why.
    PS - time for an avatar change?

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    True, you've spent most of your posting life writing s**t about the Blades and little else. Rather slag something I detest than something I support. Still you and Brian the Blade know more about football than us mere mortals.
    You're a bell end pal. Nowt to do with mortals.

I don't subscribe to sucking off our plucky chaps like you. I expect more.
    First is first and anything else is nowhere.
    Youre happy with also rans, probably have a s h it job as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Remember when we had Deane and Agana, the rest of the team were very average but crucially we scored goals and always looked dangerous. That is what we need and the money we get from Brooks will be enough to dramatically improve our strikers. As for the main point ourselves and Millwall have out performed teams with much better players on paper. Any critism of Wilder is disgraceful, possible a gallon of magnet was drunk before the original post ?.
    Are you an idiot?

Wilder has made plenty of crap decisions this season both team selections,substitutions and a number of performances and results prove it.
    He would appear to have made a rick with Holmes as well. Pursuing a player for months,knowing him well and then never playing him smacks of f u c k up.
    If you think its disgraceful to have an opinion that isnt based on having your tongue up Wilders ring you havent got a brain. I might not have played football at a level Wilder has,but I've watched it as much and for as long as he has so forgive me for having the temerity to having an opinion of my own rather than blind f u ck witted sheep like clapping.
    My OP was based on what I watched last night. Maybe you're the one full of Magnet to think Im wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    PS - time for an avatar change?
    You said you liked it.!

I've got admit I find that far less disturbing FKB

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I've got admit I find that far less disturbing FKB
    I was only proving a point with Muno the friendly yet clumsy cactus. Aya didn't like my original one, didn't like the next one, then liked Muno, then didn't like Muno. Anyone would think shes a girl...

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    You're a bell end pal. Nowt to do with mortals.

I don't subscribe to sucking off our plucky chaps like you. I expect more.
    First is first and anything else is nowhere.
    Youre happy with also rans, probably have a s h it job as well.
    You don't half talk b******t. Maybe you have problems. Nothing plucky, it's just about supporting my team through thin and thin. You think you're some major pundit pulling them apart at every possible time. Anyway better a bell end than a boring repetitive twohat. Have a good day. By the way how much do you think we'll get for Brookes, nothing game changing, as for Deane and Agana, that was just one of those lucky things that happen once or twice in life.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Are you an idiot?

Wilder has made plenty of crap decisions this season both team selections,substitutions and a number of performances and results prove it.
    He would appear to have made a rick with Holmes as well. Pursuing a player for months,knowing him well and then never playing him smacks of f u c k up.
    If you think its disgraceful to have an opinion that isnt based on having your tongue up Wilders ring you havent got a brain. I might not have played football at a level Wilder has,but I've watched it as much and for as long as he has so forgive me for having the temerity to having an opinion of my own rather than blind f u ck witted sheep like clapping.
    My OP was based on what I watched last night. Maybe you're the one full of Magnet to think Im wrong!
    SBT,you can have a like for having the balls to say what you see,i think others just dont see it like that tho which is fair enough we all can think and say what we like,i have in the past and will carry on doing so,,,,,myself i have to agree with you about Holmes,that really must have everyone scratchin their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    See, that's the mentality that stifles us.

"Haven't we done well for little lads against the big boys?"

No one, well me and many others, are not saying we haven't done fantastically well in comparison to the rest but.....

I agree it's not ALL about money but, if you're making the manager shop in Aldi all the time and expect to get the equivalent of a Michelin star for the food you are kidding yourself.

A bit of flair, a bit of expertise , a bit of innovation coupled with ability and experience will make the most mundane scrag end into a dish fit for kings(PL) if the recipe,the ingredients and the chef (CW) enhance the dish with a bit of quality.

Forgive the analogy but the silk purse out of a sow's ear expectations of our board/owners is not sustainable
    HUDDERSFIELD,a team of aldi footballers with a lidl manager, certs for relegation ,then they have a reight season ,now prem team and a reight manager. having said that we do need 3 quality players in,2 strikers and a quality centre half

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast