+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Old, retro or rare Millers shirts.

There is some Youtube footage of the Millers v Villa in the FA cup in 1953. Despite the tie being at Millmoor, the Millers are playing in an "away strip", a black-and-white striped Thornhill United/Rotherham County type kit - presumably for better shirt contrast for the film cameras
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-04-2018 at 09:43 PM.

I must have imagined the late 80s sky blue shirt then. I can't find any evidence anywhere. I was certain that we played in it at least once during the 4th division title winning season, or possibly the season after?

My personal favourite away shirt is the one everyone seems hate, the 90/91 grey and red away shirt. Just a pity it was a relegation kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I must have imagined the late 80s sky blue shirt then. I can't find any evidence anywhere. I was certain that we played in it at least once during the 4th division title winning season, or possibly the season after?
    With a red home shirt and a yellow away shirt you would only need a third shirt if you were playing a team in orange or amber.

The only team that did in those two seasons was Blackpool, so if there was one worn it was probably that game in April 1990.

(Mansfield and Cambridge both played in yellow at the time rather than amber).

I think back then that playing a team in yellow like them and also Torquay away you would wear the red shirt rather than a third blue one.
    Last edited by great_fire; 17-04-2018 at 02:22 AM.

This deportivo shirt takes some beating, I hear our neighbours at S6 are after it for next year.

Name:  deportivo_shirt.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  46.6 KB

I have around 50 Millers shirts for sale.
    Dating from 1989 to 2013.

Have sold a few to supporters in here including the Patrick shirt for £ 50 mentioned earlier.
    Bare in mind I live in Denmark and visit Rotherham 2-3 times a year..

The prices range from £ 17 and up.

Cheers.

Ben.

In 1953 it was traditionally the home team that changed in cup-ties. The Millers chose theblack/white stripes because they beat Newcastle in the previous round. Strangely, Villa changed also, to a plain blue shirt. Alas, the stripes didn't prove lucky in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    In 1953 it was traditionally the home team that changed in cup-ties. The Millers chose theblack/white stripes because they beat Newcastle in the previous round. Strangely, Villa changed also, to a plain blue shirt. Alas, the stripes didn't prove lucky in this game.
    Thanks for the information, Jock - didn't know that. Those Millers shirts from that cup tie must be very rare then.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-04-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I actually hated this shirt. The kits ofthis era with zigzags and horrible patterns were like footballers wearing leg warmers and sweat bands on ther heads.

The Brighton kit with matching shirts and shorts takes the biscuit in footballing fashion disasters.
    our Sunday league club had contacts with RUFC, and actually used this set of shirts when the Millers had finished with them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345