+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Derby Matchday Thread

Wolves v Derby Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

This game is live on sky sports for those that don't already know. Five points required from the remaining five games needed to ensure promotion.

I won't be able to follow the game today they are stripping my office out so no wifi. Will check the score on my phone when I can.

COMB WUM NEARLY THERE!!

Jesus.

What a talent.

Jesus H Christ on a bicycle, what a freaking goal. Makes Ronaldo's overhead kick look like a tap in!! Of course we are lucky to have seen a goal like that from one of our own but the problem is we aint the only people to see it. The jackels are going to be sniffing round soon enough.

Boy this tread was quiet today. What happened?

Wasn’t able to watch due to work but I’ll probably watch a replay tonight or tomorrow. On step closer...

Prior to last night’s game Garry Rowett had spoken in the media about Derby’s plan to stop Wolves. After six minutes, plan A went out of the window and there did not appear to be a plan B, unless it was to kick Neves at every opportunity.

A superb pass from Boly let Jota nip into no man’s land, excellent control and a chip were enough to breech the defence of the team with the third best away record in the division.

Wolves were purring along like the world famous Derby manufactured Rolls Royce engine. We were looking like the team that had mauled many teams in the Autumn.

Fifty seven % possession and twelve shots tells its own story as we left Derby chasing shadows. At half time no one in the stadium would have had a clue about what was to happen in the second half.

Step up Reuben Neves, and what a goal. I thought that the Graelish goal for Villa was good on Tuesday, but this was on a different planet. The crowd were buzzing for about ten minutes after. I have spent years of watching Wolves and seen some remarkable goals from the likes of Hanncocks, Mullen, Deeley, Murrey, Knowles, Dougan, Richards, Hibbert, Bull, et al, but I can’t remember one as good as this one.

Biggest clanger of the season, picking goal of the season before this one. This should be Championship goal of the season.

There is a terrific team spirit at the club at the moment, both on and off the pitch. The test will come in the close season. Can we hang on to the likes of Neves, Cav, Costa. Even Douglas and Doherty will be in demand. Rest assured the vultures will be hovering about, and the clubs ambitions will be clearer come August.

For now let’s finish the job with a resounding win against the Blues on Sunday

I reckon that goal deserves its own thread.

Wolverhampton & Derby eh, a battle to see who has the best area called 'Normanton'. (and funnily enough thats my hometown as well).

Can you lot go up and clinch the title this weekend by beating Brum, if the other results go your way ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Wolverhampton & Derby eh, a battle to see who has the best area called 'Normanton'. (and funnily enough thats my hometown as well).

Can you lot go up and clinch the title this weekend by beating Brum, if the other results go your way ?.
    Yes,

Short and straight to the point there, no faffing about eh Abbo lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)