+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stick or twist

On Total Sport tonight, the Newcastle fan they had on from the fans' forum was a big Mitro fan. He was championing Mitro over Gayle (before changing tack and suddenly talking about Mitro vs Joselu and hoping no-one would notice ) and, of Gayle's Chimpo goal-scoring he said 'never mind about that, that was last season' before saying 'look at how much better Mitro is...he's banging them in for fun

Aye...in the Chimpo, ffs
    Last edited by Zippity; 11-04-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Joselu-fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    On Total Sport tonight, the Newcastle fan they had on from the fans' forum was a big Mitro fan. He was championing Mitro over Gayle (before changing tack and suddenly talking about Mitro vs Joselu and hoping no-one would notice ) and, of Gayle's Chimpo goal-scoring he said 'never mind about that, that was last season' before saying 'look at how much better Mitro is...he's banging them in for fun

Aye...in the Chimpo, ffs
    Sakes

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    slimani prolific striker my arse

1 in nearly 5 games scored

untill he is 100 match fit stick wth what is working

and bring him on over joselwho
    that would be the improvement

we had a big strong striker that would scare the arsenal defence
    but i think the owner sent him out on loan
    How does 107 goals in 254 matches equate to one in five.

Do the maths and you'll find it's better that a goal every .42 games, otherwise better than a goal every 21/2.

More than twice as good as your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    How does 107 goals in 254 matches equate to one in five.

Do the maths and you'll find it's better that a goal every .42 games, otherwise better than a goal every 21/2.

More than twice as good as your claim.
    He was probably talking about his PL stats. Which aren't great. Not bad, but not great. He looks a force to me though. Personally, I like Gayle and I think he's not getting the credit he should. But but but.... Slimani, physically, is a threat to all PL defenders, even on a bad day.

I will be surprised if Slimani starts ahead of Gayle, knowing Rafa (unless Slimani has been ripping up trees in training). I´ll also be surprised if Slimani doesn´t come off the bench.

If fit, then Slimani for me.

He’s got the physicality Gayle just doesn’t bring, and no matter how many he scored in the Fizzy last year he’s wasting chances more than 90% of the time in the Prem... so we may as well play someone who can cause trouble and make some space for someone else.

I’d be very surprised if Gayle is here next season, I can see the likes of Soton (if they go down) bringing him in, or West Brom even, to help secure promotion back to the Prem... he can score for fun there, as Mitro is now.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I will be surprised if Slimani starts ahead of Gayle, knowing Rafa (unless Slimani has been ripping up trees in training). I´ll also be surprised if Slimani doesn´t come off the bench.
    I hope he hasn't. We need him to be concentrating on getting 100% fit and scoring goals not dabbling in a future job once his football career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I think that Gayle has earnt the chance to start myself.

So i'd start Gayle and have his pace on them, then bring Slimani on to use pacy and strength in 2nd half.
    correct
    why set a side up to accomodate a player who in all probability could pull up injured having been out so long and then have to change it

this makes rafas decision to take him even more puzzling

keep the winning side going and then introduce slimani if and when the game needs it
    look at the lad that went to west brom

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    this makes rafas decision to take him even more puzzling
    We needed a striker, we needed on in the summer and we got Joselu, who tries but we paid £5 million and we have a £5 million striker.

If Mike hadn't arsed around all transfer window we'd of got the guy that Rafa seemed to want - Jorgson (i think - dutch guy) but Mike decided it would be easier to not pay the price they wanted.

Therefore we had to go for the back up option.

However, just his presence being here seems to have spurred Gayle on to doing more. Whole more competition for places scenario.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)