+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stick or twist

Stick or twist

Does Slimani come in for Gayle on Sunday?

Gayle has missed a boatload of chances and I'm sure Slimani would have scored a fair few of the ones he's missed...but....one of the things that has helped us out of the mess we were in has been the togetherness and team spirit and Gayle has been part of that.

So...I'd rather Slimani started but think Gayle has probably earned a starting slot by being part of the 3 game winning run and do you change a winning team?

Thoughts?

I think Arsenal defenders wont relish playing against Slimani, big and athletic, lets put it this way they never have since Campbell, Keown/ Adams so I'd go with him then Gayle's pace from 75 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Does Slimani come in for Gayle on Sunday?

Gayle has missed a boatload of chances and I'm sure Slimani would have scored a fair few of the ones he's missed...but....one of the things that has helped us out of the mess we were in has been the togetherness and team spirit and Gayle has been part of that.

So...I'd rather Slimani started but think Gayle has probably earned a starting slot by being part of the 3 game winning run and do you change a winning team?

Thoughts?
    Slimani by a country mile.Absolutely no doubt in my mind.Proven premier goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Slimani by a country mile.Absolutely no doubt in my mind.Proven premier goalscorer.
    8 goals in 36 premiership appearance, proven goal scorer

Give ya heed a shake man.

What was the point in acquiring him then if we don't use him. Slimani was brought in to score goals which Gayle, as much as I like him, has shown he cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post
    I think Arsenal defenders wont relish playing against Slimani, big and athletic, lets put it this way they never have since Campbell, Keown/ Adams so I'd go with him then Gayle's pace from 75 mins.
    I would go with this
    Spot on

slimani prolific striker my arse

1 in nearly 5 games scored

untill he is 100 match fit stick wth what is working

and bring him on over joselwho
    that would be the improvement

we had a big strong striker that would scare the arsenal defence
    but i think the owner sent him out on loan

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    I would go with this
    Spot on
    I would start with Gayle to be honest, he deserves it for one thing and remember what he did to Mr fecking ugly on Saturday.Of course big Slim has to play but I would deffo start wi the little fella..

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    slimani prolific striker my arse

1 in nearly 5 games scored

untill he is 100 match fit stick wth what is working

and bring him on over joselwho
    that would be the improvement

we had a big strong striker that would scare the arsenal defence
    but i think the owner sent him out on loan
    Ah yes the same striker who scored 4/25 so 1/6 in the Fizzy last season. The same striker who regularly plays the wrong side of 'the line' and just couldn't be trusted. Remember West Ham this season 3-0 up just scored and stamps on/elbows (cant remember which) and is sent off again for no reason? Aye 9/13 so far (and hopefully a couple against Sland to come) is great but it is the fizzy. He isn't quick and as an example its unlikely he would have been challenging the Huddersfield keeper, as Slimani was for Perez's goal, and if he was it would have been the wrong side of 'the line' to give a foul away. From what we have seen in the 20 mins of Slimani (and at Leicester) he is quick, athletic and good in the air, all round a better option than Mitro.

I take it you meant Rafa when you say the owner sent Mitro out on loan? If not its just another cheap shot at our manager who we know you dont rate/like.

I think that Gayle has earnt the chance to start myself.

So i'd start Gayle and have his pace on them, then bring Slimani on to use pacy and strength in 2nd half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)