+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton for Notts.

He's hardly a long-term prospect but as a short-term boost to our play-off hopes this season he'd be interesting. I can't help thinking that we need a few bits to try and tip the balance if we are going to be successful in the play-offs.

Cons:
    - Another central midfielder?
    - How fit will he be 'this' season?
    - He's Joey Barton

Pros:
    - At his best he's way above this level
    - Highly motivated. Maybe even too highly..?
    - Every other midfielder would need to play at 100% to keep their place.

I really don't see this happening the only reason he is linked is because he is mates with Nolan and both are from Liverpool.

Lets be honest he will either go to a top end championship team next season or if he has any sense carry on to work as a "pundit" money for old rope.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    We turned down Nile Ranger so I hope that other walking ASBO stays well away from Notts... met him in Spain some years ago... an absolute arrogant w@@ker who just happens to be handy at football, we already have one loose cannon in Noble so don't need another
    To be fair to Noble, he has been relatively good behaved since getting back in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    We turned down Nile Ranger so I hope that other walking ASBO stays well away from Notts... met him in Spain some years ago... an absolute arrogant w@@ker who just happens to be handy at football, we already have one loose cannon in Noble so don't need another
    I'm not condoning Nobles behavior in his last spell with us, but I think it's time for us to judge him on how he has been since he came back to the club. In terms of temperament on the field he has displayed a much more mature attitude. No red cards. Yes he gets the odd booking but so does everyone else.

I guess like anyone once you have a reputation it's difficult to shrug it off.

In terms of Barton, he's played with Nolan at Newcastle, is a Liverpudlian and is mates with KN. I'll look forward to seeing him in the squad on Saturday.

I’d take him in a heartbeat. He was a PL player last season and would be an incredible signing.
    He’s a moron without doubt but my answer to that is Lee Hughes,
    It’s never going to happen regardless.
    Last edited by kill_the_drum; 12-04-2018 at 01:09 PM.

You'll never win anything with kidsxxx old gits.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You'll never win anything with kidsxxx old gits.

Leigh scoop Curtis's forts:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-watch-1452620

If he's not played footie for 13 Months he's not going to be fit enough for the last few games, but perhaps he's one for the future?

Barton's ban ends June 1st and any talks will be in the summer so I think we need to concentrate on how we end this season first 😀

Thank got for that joey barton gone to Fleetwood manager

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast