+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans player of the season award

Fans player of the season award

Why don’t we have one? It’s not hard is it to set one up? Always annoys me our club about this, I did email them once but clearly fans don’t matter.

Anyway who would be your choice

Myself it would be between Mattock, Newell and Towell with Newell coming out on top

Over to you?
    Last edited by millertop; 15-04-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Why don’t we have one? It’s not hard is it to set one up? Always annoys me our club about this, I did email them once but clearly fans don’t matter.

Anyway who would be your choice

Myself it would be between Mattock, Newell and Towell with Newell coming out on top

Over to you?
    Problem is that in recent years our "Player of the season" would usually be a loan player who has gone back to their parent club and is not returning to us, or somebody who is sold as soon as the season ends. It's a sad state of affairs and our club is probably trying to avoid the publicity from that - for example Kieffer Moore must be a candidate, also Rodak, and Towell. For me, Newell probably just gets it. Mattock might be the most improved player, although we signed him in the Championship.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-04-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Cos fans don't know owt about football and always pick the wrong player