+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The way things stand at the moment...

I think the problem they will have is overcoming the disappointment of being the one of the three teams who didn’t go up automatically.

The problem for them is the strength in depth and I do have to say they looked very poor in the Trophy final. You may say - they weren’t bothered but when clubs of our size get to Wembley they would want to put on a show, but instead it seems that there is little difference between the two divisions. Now they have the psychological problem of never winning.at Wembley.

I think they have to go up because I could see them struggling next year.

Yep I would fancy our chances against Shrews rather than Wigan or Blackburn. Lets hope those 2 run away with it now beating all the teams around us.

One final thing. For those with access to Sky it’s Bradford v Shrewsbury tonight.

Given Bradford’s capitulation this year it would seem to be a routine win for Town. However, I have a feeling that the fact that it’s on Sky is not great for Shrews, as Bradford will be pumped up, whereas Shrews must win as defeat will all but end their hopes of automatic promotion.

Could be a definitive game.

For me the ideal final table would be.

Wigan.
    Blackburn
    Shrews
    Millers
    Scunny
    Portsmouth

Do I think Plymouth n Charlton will make the playoffs? Prob

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    For me the ideal final table would be.

Wigan.
    Blackburn
    Shrews
    Millers
    Scunny
    Portsmouth

Do I think Plymouth n Charlton will make the playoffs? Prob
    To key matches on Saturday (apart from ours) - Plymouth v Portsmouth and Charlton v S****horpe.

You may be right, but there are a few other occasions such as double over Swansea in early 60's but lost in league cup, double over Birmingham in 66-67 season but lost in FA Cup. As I said its only a personal preference but it does seem to happen on other occasions as well. Who knows? Playing second game at NYS is no real advantage either as the game against Orient proved. Is it proven that playing second gives you an advantage? I suppose its what you do in the first leg.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    No one seems to be considering Shrewsbury. They will finish 10 points above everyone else.
    Probably not mentioned much because they are still in with a shout at auto's. Millers and the rest ate in the play-off mix.

In this week's Advertiser Paul Warne is saying he believes a good return from the next 2 games will just about secure a play-off place.

A point at Wigan and a win at Gillingham anyone ?
    Quote from PW....." If we can get four points from the next two games I would 100% take that and that might be enough, not to guarantee a play -off place but looking like we'd done enough "....unquote.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 12-04-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Well, you can't accuse him of being glass half empty

Not many fans wanted Preston in the play off games that got us to Wembley, and The Championship.
    It doesn’t matter what team your up against, what does matter is how they play on the day.
    As they say about league 1, “ any team can beat anybody on their day”.
    It will be, what it will be!.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast